Search

Best All-inclusive?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best All-inclusive?

I'm trying to find the best all inclusive for my honeymoon in August, anyone have any favorites? Also, are the waves big in Punta Cana? I would love to find calm waters where we end up. Thank you!!!
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:48 AM

The only place I experienced waves in Punta Cana was at Secrets Excellence - the Bavaro Beach area is beautiful - flat turquoise water and white sand beaches.

Punta Cana has some very reasonably priced - and great - all-inclusives. Jamaica, St. Lucia, Antigua also have some beautiful resorts, though they are a bit pricier. What type of crowd are you looking for? What activities?
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 07:17 AM

ALso check out the Latin Amer board. There are some great AIs on the Mayan Riviera. The ROyal Hideaway is frequently recommended for couples there.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Paulalou again! Thanks for all your help! It sounds like Punta Cana has what we are looking for. Moderate priced all-inclusives, calm waters, white sand beaches. We will be going in late August so I'm hoping the crowds have decreased by then.

Types of activities? We want to be able to hang out in the pool or at the beach, snorkel, play tennis and possibly use jet ski's. A variety of activities available is good. I would love to go to an adult only resort - not that I don't like kids, I do! But since it's our honeymoon, I would hope that would make it a little less loud and busy. Any resort suggestions in Punta Cana or Bavaro Beach? Is one area better than the other?
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 11:40 AM

You should also consider Swept Away in Negril. It has all that you describe - especially the calm blue water. Exploring Negril beach is fun too. Swept Away is a classy romantic resort with a wonderful sports complex. The tennis courts are great. They have 10 lighted courts, 5 clay and 5 hard. They were having a tournament when I was there and there were supposedly some big names there but I never verified that. The pictures on the website are accurate. http://couples.com/12sw/index.html
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 12:14 PM

I agree that Swept Away is a greact choice. It is one of my favorite spots in the Caribbean.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Karlee

Howdy! Just be careful in Punta Cana if you go there, Mosquitos. I was there in January last year, at Bavaro Beach Hotel. At the end of a nice week at a beautiful hotel, I was all bit up. Food was great, met some great people, great tan, But 3 or 4 skeeters under your table at dinner can kinda ruin it. And that one stray skeeter flying around your head at night in your room, in the dark can be a pain. Just be aware. But if the price is right,and that's the destination, bring repellant with DEET in it. This should solve problems. Enjoy. From past experience Jamaica by far had the BEST AI's

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM

We've just booked a trip to Punta Cana for May. We've never been there but it looks like most hotels are all-inclusive. We've been to Jamaica. It was a beautiful island and we loved it. Both islands are very poor from what I understand. In Jamaica we stayed at the Wyndham Rose Hall near Montego Bay and it was great and all-inclusive! Negril may have more adult only places. We like to do side trips and we went to the Dunn Falls and a bird sanctuary in the mountains and also horseback riding. As long as you get a good taxi driver, you're fine.
In Punta Cana we took advice from friends and looked at tripadvisor.com and debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com. We narrowed it down to the Sirenis Cocotal or Riu Bambu. If price is important, we booked through doylestowntravel.com (Patrick) and have the whole trip for under $1,000 per person for seven nights with a non-stop flight though Apple Vacations. (If you contact him, mention our name. He'll remember since we have 10 adults going.) I'm told the water is a little calmer at the Riu but otherwise they both seemed very nice. I emailed people who had been to both and they said because the Riu property in total was larger, we might find more to do. We have a one year old going with us so we didn't consider adult all-inclusive. The only one I remember is the Secrets Excellence. It's up near the Sirenis Cocotal. Hope this helps.
Kathy