Bermuda's new resort 9 beaches

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Bermuda in May. Just got a email from the tourism board about a new resort on the island and their grand opening in May. The resort is 9 beaches. Has anybody gone past the resort or have any information about this resort. I looked them up on their website looks interesting.
Thanks Karen
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:20 AM

I have toured the property when it was called Daniel's Head. All the rooms are identical in configuration. In May I don't think you would need air conditioning. I did notice the smells from an adjacent farm when I looked at the cheapest rooms which are located farthest away from the water. The rooms with the glass square in the floor (allowing you to look at the sea) are very cool. The rooms are very attractively appointed and comfortable. I don't remember there being any closets in the ones I looked at. They do have some pretty good deals showing for this spring. Someone posted here a couple of days ago about staying there when it was Daniel's Head and gave it good marks.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:05 AM

I was on the verge of booking Daniel's Head Village for my first island trip back in 2001 for the over the water cottages, when we changed our mind at the last minute and went to St. Lucia. Then I heard that Daniel's Head was defunct, so I'm delighted that I might have a chance to try it again. I'd love to hear more about it after you return from Bermuda.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
sp

I've stayed at Daniel's and loved it. Obviously, it's a different kind of vacation - not for those who need glitz and glamour. The cottages, which look so small in pictures, are actually surprisingly roomy. It is just an incredible feeling in there and to be able to sit out on the covered porch. We stayed in a cottage at the water's edge. It was so relaxing for sleeping - you could hear the water below. We will definitely be going back.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Went to the web site. 9 beaches looks cool. Does anyone know how accessible it is to other parts of the island if we want to try other restaurants?
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 03:24 PM
sp

There is an Italian restaurant pretty close by called Il Palio - it's on Middle road. When we stayed at Daniel's (9beaches), we had intended on going there one night, but couldn't bring ourselves to pass on the sunset views along the water, and the food was gourmet - we never had a bad meal. There are a few restaurants at the Dockyard, which is about a 10 min. scooter ride away. We will definitely be going back - we loved the cottages and kayaking in the area.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM

You can get to the ferry fairly easily and it will run you right into Hamilton where you can try a great variety of restaurants.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 05:39 PM

would love to know if this resort, 9beaches in bermuda would be good for a family with two teens, looks fabulous and just what we were looking for but wondering if they would be bored here, thanks
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:23 AM
sp

Albee: 9beaches is the place to go with teens. Most resorts in Bermuda are very sophisticated and definitely boring for teens, some are more casual, but when it comes to activities, nothing compares. The cottages are very comfortable and the location is one of the best for watersports.