Bermuda Hotel Suggestion

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda Hotel Suggestion

We're planning a long wknd in Bermuda at the
end of Aug. would appreciate suggestions for good hotel mid range price. Do you suggest a meal plan or recommend restaurants near hotel? Haven't been there in a long time......
Traveling from Northeast, best travel site
to book package.........thanks in advance...
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM

JetBlue is offering relatively good fares to Bermuda. http://www.bermudatourism.com lists all hotels and their prices. Some mid-range hotels which I like are Fourways Inn (not on the beach), Rosedon (in Hamilton),Coco Reef (on the beach) Surfside (on the beach), Marley (very basic, almost spartan, on the beach with incredible views). Unless you are staying at one of the properties with a dine around plan (Fourways has it) I suggest you take breakfast only and try some of the excellent restaurants in Bermuda. I love Ascots, the Waterloo, Fourways, La Coquille and Cambridge Beaches. Call the hotel directly for the best rates.
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM

I was in Bermuda in May 2006 we stayed at the Oxford House web site:www. oxfordhouse.bm, the guest house is even better than what you see on the website. We had room 11,which is in the back and quieter than the front rooms, breakfast was included and the price was 84$ less per night than at the Rosedon. The beaches was not of interest for us and there is no pool at the Oxford house. We made the reservation directly with the Guest House.

We highly recommend the place very well situated walking distance (5 mi) from City of Hamilton many good restaurants in the neighbourhood : Monty, The Waterloo, Portofino, the Pickled Onion was also a good restaurant at a reasonable price. The Princess Fairmount Hotel was a good place for a drink we had the Brunch on Sunday but we found it was ordinary. I would try Waterloo House for the Brunch. At the guest house they recommend the Fourways Inn, for the Brunch but we did not try.

We had Peter F. Bromby as guide and also he took us the airport, his knowledge of the Island is great as he is a retired man ready to help tourist . You can contact him 441-232-6995 or by email : [email protected] , (not available by email from June 28 to July 21, 2006) but you can call him after 6pm Monday to Friday. Looking forward to go back it was our first visit.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

tt
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM

beautifulsky, did you find either of the two responses helpful? Did you have a different question?
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 10:45 AM

In addition to the other suggestions, what about 9 Beaches? I may not be the best judge of what you mean by mid-price, but they are advertising a mid-week special during the summer of what comes out to about $250/night for the Coco Coral cottage. Also, I've never stayed, but Aunt Nea's Inn in St. George's looks intriguing to me.

Where are you flying from? There is a discount airline out of Baltimore (USAir 3000 or something like that) that has amazingly low fares to Bermuda. It may even be cheaper to go to Baltimore (SW to Baltimore?) and fly from there than to do JetBlue - you have to go out of JFK on JetBlue anyway. Wish they would start non-stop from Boston to Bermuda!