Reload this Page >

Bermuda - Hawkins Island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 09:44 AM
Jill

Does anyone know if Hawkins Island in Bermuda is accessible only via cruise ship shore excursion? It looks like fun, but if we can save the exhorbitant fees the ship charges and get there another way, we'd like to do that!

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 11:54 AM
peg

Hi -- we took an evening sail from Hamilton to Hawkins last year for an "island party." There was a steel band with limbo dancers, games, food, and "free" rum punch. Did not see any private parties or private boats, and saw only one dock area. All appeared to be organized boats/trips from the main island. It was fun, touristy, typical. a good evening's entertainment, but not sure I'd go there if I only had one day on Bermuda... You might check with tourism info in Hamilton; perhaps you can arrange something separate from cruiseline through them? <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 11:43 PM
Sally

<BR>Hi Jill, <BR>Never heard of Hawkins but then it's not the type of place that would catch my eye. I recommend the REAL Bermuda. Enjoy it's natural beauty, history, charm and wonderful people.