Search

Beaches

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:27 AM
El

Beaches

My husband and I am interestied in going away in Feb or March to the caribbean. We like small hotels on a beautiful beach with white sand and it would be nice if snorkeling was nearby. Also not hilly and no high rises. Any suggestions? We were thinking possibly of Antigua, St lucia or Barbados. We also like if the beaches have some shade spots and you can take long walks.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:14 AM
xxx

Cayman fits the bill too.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:51 AM
JB

We have stayed a few times at Barrymore Beach Club in Antigua which is a really great small hotel. They have a cute but small beach, which seems very private, but if you wade (ankle deep) about a 100 yards to the left, you are onto about a half-mile of beatiful beach. The owners run the place and give us lots of advice of what to do and what not to do. We love it!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:41 AM
kim

Try the Sandals Halcyon in St.Lucia.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
mary

If good, nearby snorkeling is important, don't consider Sandals Halcyon, becuase you won't find it there.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Paul

Try Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia - if fits all of your requirements, including excellent snorkeling right off the beach, but it is very hilly. Some excellent alternatives are Angiulla (no hills, but no shade either) or one of the British Virgin Islands - the latter in particular if you want some shade.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 09:45 AM
freewoman

Can't believe people are referring you to St. Lucia after you stated "Not Hilly". You can't walk ten feet in St. Lucia without going up or down. I suspect the only flat part on the island is the airport!!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:04 AM
mary

It depends what she means by hilly. If she means steep hills or more mountainous, then she should stay from the south part of the island. However, the north part is flat to hilly. And if she's just talking about staying away from resorts that are perched on hillsides, then there's still plenty to pick from that are not.