Barbados weather?

Mar 26th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Barbados weather?

Ok will someone please help me to feel better please? Are Barbado's weather predictions a lot like Jamaica's in that the forcast for next week calls for rain, rain and more rain....In Jamaica that means more sun than not and if it does rain it is usually a welcome relief.
Gosh I REALLY hope this is the case for our 1st trip there
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:39 AM

Weatherforecasts for Barbados are no different than for any other Caribbean island - they ALWAYS preditct rain. If you looked at them every day for a year you'd swear the sun never shines. It's the tropics and what you are seeing are referennces to the ubiquitious trpoical rain shower. Truth be told it will rain somewhere on the island for sometime in any 24 hour period. Not unusual for it to be raining in one area and there be bright sun across the street. Don't even bother loking at the forecasts you are going to see a lot more sun than you will rain. Leave your umbrella at home, pack plenty of sun block.
Mar 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM

On my honeymoon July 3-10, 2006, the forecast said rain every day. We had beautiful sunny weather, and brief showers just one day.
Mar 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you two. In my heart I knew this is the case. Still it's nice to see it in print again!!
Mar 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM

Have a wonderful trip!
Mar 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM

It is an absolutely splendid day today in sunny Barbados. Few 5 minute showers over the past week but they're done before you realise they started.
Looking out my office window to the south coast - wish I were at the beach now.