Search

barbados vs. Bonaire

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Paula

barbados vs. Bonaire

We are trying to plan our next trip and are in a toss-up between Bonaire and Barbados. Any thoughts or preferences? I'd appreciate any info on hotels, restaurants, beaches, attractions, etc. Pros and cons....Thanks for your input!

Old May 29th, 2000, 05:21 PM
kiersten

Paula, <BR>We were just in barbados and bonaire this past january. My findings: <BR> <BR>Bonaire has world class windsurfing, diving, and snorkeling. <BR> <BR>Barbados has beatuiful beaches/snorkeling on one coast and beautiful rocky stretches on the other coast. <BR>I would recomend barbados for a more luxury hotel based vacation- some Gorgeous properties on the "gold coast"; and I would recommend Aruba for a more active vacation. <BR> <BR>Not sure what you are seeking. Either way you can not go wrong both are beautiful.

Old Jul 9th, 2016, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wanted to go to Barbados but I have there is crime, I bringing my teen daughter and grown daughter do not want to put them in harms way. Went to St Martin last year, very disappointed in it, with the crime, m16s, and such had to stay at our villa all day, felt like we were prisoners of our villa. I want to go somewhere safe with a beach. Suggestions?
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 04:06 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>Suggestions?<<

Yes -- start a new thread. This one is <i>sixteen</i> years old!
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto start a new thread for goodness sakes. No place is perfectly safe not even the USA!! I have not been to Bonaire I think it is a quiet island, with scuba diving as a top interest. I like Aruba and always feel very safe. Barbado I have been to and we did not feel unsafe at any time. You can take a nice tour of the island it is scenic. I have been to St. Martin and would not return. I didn't care for it too much either.