Search

Barbados Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados Restaurants

We will leave for Barbados this Saturday. We are staying at Bougainvillea Resort. It looks close to St. Lawrence Gap. Are there any restaurant dinner suggestions?. I am trying to stay in a budget of $50-100 per meal. (less is better) We like fresh fish, healthy and it does not have to be fancy, just good quality. We will have a car so if there are any others outside of that area please recommend however not sure about driving at night on the opposite side of the road. The closer the better in terms of location. Thanks.
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 06:15 AM

You should enjoy your stay at Bougainvillea Beach - we've been there many times. No restaurants I would recommend right there, but a quick ride over to St. Lawrence Gap will find many great restaurants. You will find parking there.

Those that would be in your price range there include: Cafe Sol, Harlequin, Bellinis and some of the more local type places.

Farther down the south coast main road heading toward Bridgetown will give you more options. Just Grillin located in Quayside has fresh grilled fish, grilled veggies and grilled burgers -- all for about $15 US each.

Naru and Tapas, both located on the water side of the south coast road are great.

Blakeys also in that area is good.

I have more indept review on my blog at: www.barbadostips.com
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Lois for the great info. You are such a great asset to those going to Barbados.
Old Feb 7th, 2015, 07:35 AM

Harlequin is great, Cafe Sol is good(best deal for the $), never tried Bellines, pretty much avoided all the small startups. On the southside of the bay there is a popular seafood place, I cant remember the name. Their prices are higher than others, but their apps and soups are huge and make a full meal.
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 09:39 AM

Harlequin was our favorite.
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

We just retuned last night. There was an Indian/Thai Restaurant next door to Harlequin. It wss just beautiful decorated, the ambiance perfect. It was my favorite.
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 12:54 PM

We stayed right next to that restaurant but we didn't go there. It seemed we were never up for Indian/Thai food. It did look pretty; we could see the back of it from our balcony. Next time.....
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 07:39 AM

Definitely recommend Harlequin , Cafe Sol, and Steak House, all in St. Lawrence Gap. Fortasty grilled fish, definitely visit Oistins Fish fry on the Friday night, Oistins is not to far from where you're staying on the island. Also , it is on a bus route.

Have a fun trip!