Search

Barbados restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados restaurants

We will be in Barbados in May and would love some suggestions for some top notch restaurants on the Island. While I'm not expecting Anguilla level food, I hear Barbados does offer some great dining options. Looking mostly for nice places at which to have nice relaxing dinners.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

i don't know why there is an underline under my tag lines?
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 02:48 AM

Where are you staying.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

We will be staying at Sandy Lane. thanks
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much mr. I appreciate the suggestions and look forward to dining at some of these places.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:29 AM

The Cliff, the Tides, Champers, Pisces, Wispers -- all are quite good though not cheap -- Harlequin is good and medium-priced -- you should look at Zagats online where they have extensive restaurant reviews for Barbados. There is a great website run by Lois Swanson we have used a lot, called www.barbadostips.com (she has been there dozens of times) -- and you should definitely look at a Barbados restaurant site (with menus etc.) called www.diningwithus.net -- although not as good as Anguilla or St. Martin, Barbados now has many excellent places to eat.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM

I think you will be surprised. Barbados restaurants have really improved over the past 5 years. In addition to the great suggestions above I also recommend Daphne's (at The House) and Acqua (on the southshore).
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. of the restaurants suggested, which are relatively close to Sandy Lane-- say, within a 20 minute driving area?
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM

The Cliff, Daphne's and Lone Star are all within 20 minutes of Sandy Lane: The Cliff and Daphne's are closest to Sandy Lane (10 minutes drive)
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM

Mullins is highly recommended by Lois Swanson on her website. Cafe Luna gets great reviews everywhere. Josefs is an older restaurant but still pretty good. Avoid Bellini's (dull Italian food, bad service) and David's Place (overpriced and unexciting). L'Acajou, the restaurant at Sandy Lane, is high priced but Lois says it is excellent.
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM

Although we were disappointed by the food at The Cliff, it was about the most stunning location for a meal that I've experienced--ask for a table closest to the water level. Service was wonderful, too.

This was a few years ago, but we had surprisingly good meals at the restaurant at Cobblers Cove.
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM

Two hotel restaurants near you are excellent--Coral Reef Club and the small Treasure Beach Hotel. Coral Reef's restaurent is open air only a few feet from the water.
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 07:22 AM

Are there any good restaurants within walking distance of the cruise ship docks?
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Champers is a good wine bar
The Cliff is their best restaurant and worth the raves it gets
The Crane has wonderful seafood and Caribbean foood as well as great sea views. The Sunday brunch is nice, too.
Pisces was romantic and right on the water, but it isn't my first choice. I would still include it though.
The Fish Pot is great if you're in the northern part of Barbados
We considered the Tides to be a good dining experience
Acqua is good and is a beautiful location
We've never had a bad meal on Barbados! You will be happy with the dining choices.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:59 AM

I loved Harlequin! Simply delicious food.

Mamma Mia was good for quick, Italian comfort food in a cafe setting. Yummy gelatos and juices!

Also enjoyed picking up sweet treats from Patisserie Flint.

Oistin's Fish fry was fun as well.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. we have booked the Cliff for our anniversary night. we have booked Daphnes for one night. I believe we will eat at the hotel the first night. That leaves one more to choose from after some more research. Thank you.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 09:49 AM

Be sure to ask for waterside seating everywhere. Table 50 at The Cliff is the most desirable -- by booking this far in advance and knowing it's your anniversary, I would hope you would get it.

The Tides is excellent - both food and service. I think you would enjoy that.

We really enjoyed Mullins Beach Bar and Restaurant. At night they light it up differently than daytime. However, due to the rough seas in Barbados this winter, I think they suffered some damage to their balcony area. I'm hoping they are open.

Aqua closed a few years back. In its place on the south coast boardwalk is Tapas. It is enjoyable for that -- tapas.

We thoroughly enjoyed Champers 3 times on our October visit. Eat on their balcony and request seating near the water. They have a great bar on the balcony also. Food and service was excellent - hence the 3 visits.

Check out my site at: www.barbadostips.com for more suggestions, pictures, pricing.

Lois
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Lois! i have already requested a waterside seat at the Cliffs and I am Position number one for that night or something like that. LOL The Tides keeps coming up too- we only have one night left to plan a dinner- Tides or Champers?
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:09 AM

Wow -- that is a tough call as both are great.

As you are staying at Sandy Lane, The Tides would be closer for you to get to as it is on the West Coast. We've always loved the food and service there. When making a reservation let them know Lois Swanson recommended and I'm sure they will pay special attention to you.

Champers is excellent and their balcony is lovely. We ate there 3 times, so you can tell we enjoyed it. However, it is on the south coast and it would require more driving (or a more costly taxi ride) to get there. If you decide to go, please tell the owner, Chiryl that I highly recommended. You will have to be sure to let me know what you finally do.

Lois
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Lois- I think we will try the Tides. I hate long car rides at night and if it is wonderful, we should try it. I will tell them you suggested them when I make the reservation. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -