Barbados or St. Thomas???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I was set on my decision to travel to Barbados in May, but now I am starting to have second thoughts. Barbados has many activites, culture and loads of places to party and get a good meal, but now I'm starting to think maybe St. Thomas has the better beaches. I have no clue, I've never traveled to any island at all. Please advise. We would like a place where we can either do as much or as little as we like.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM

Barbados is terrific...Beaches in both islands are wonderful...

Look into a resort in Barbados called the Royal Pavillion--it is a sister hotel to Glitter Bay and it just underwent a multi million dollar renovation...you can walk from your room right out to the beach....GORGEOUS!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:21 PM

Barbados --- west coast has great beaches and great hotels. South coast has great beach and good hotels adn great night life.
Nice people and easy to get around.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:43 AM

Hi Lizzy,

I've been to both places -- Barbados is the best beyond a doubt.

In St. Thomas, Magens Bay (they charge to visit this beach)is gorgeous, but there are so many other beaches that are gorgeous in Barbados to enjoy -- and all are free. You can check out what the beaches in Barbados look like by visiting the Tourism Board's website at: www.barbados.org
Click on the area at the top left where it says "Explore". Scroll down the page a bit to the Barbados Sightseeing area and the 2nd item down is "Barbados Photo Gallery" -- click on BEACHES.

When the pictures of the various coasts comes up -- click on each picture to take you to that coast. Once there, click on the pictures of beaches that come up and each picture will take you to that area so you can see the various beaches. I'm sure you will fall in love with Barbados once you see this.

Also, the culture, restaurants, etc. in Barbados are the best -- way better than St. Thomas (that's very Americanized).

Enjoy.

Lois
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Everyone! BARBADOS IT IS.... A special thanks to Lois, you've been most helpful!