Barbados on our own

Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
John

Barbados on our own

We will be stopping in Barbados for the day, while on a Princess Crouse. We do not want to tag along with the ship tour. We like to go it alone. Any suggestions as to transportation and places to go for the day?
Water Sports, Beach walks or shopping.

Oct 6th, 2002, 05:43 PM
FXJ

I've not been to the island yet (my trip is planned for Dec.). However, you may find this site helpful -> www.insandoutsofbarbados.com,

Oct 7th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Karen

Hi: We have been twice to Barbados on cruise stops. First time we rented a moke, we did this ahead and it was waiting at the pier for us, however there is a rental at the pier dock also. We had sent away to the Barbados tourist center and received their Ins and Outs of Barbados book. It was terrific, there were driving itinerarys in it ect.
Barbados is an easy island to navigate on your own. We went up the coast to Speightstown then over to Farley Hill, Cherry tree Hill, Bathesheba, Codrington College, the Anglican Church and Cemetary, to Crane Beach , to Oistins ect and finished off the day with a drink at the Barbados Hilton and beautiful Sunset. We also saw the Andormeda Gardens and stopped off at many beaches along the way for a dip and pictures. It was a wonderful day. The second visit we walked to the Boatyard restaurant from downtown there is a nice beach bar and lovely beach, went shopping then back to the ship to eat lunch and then on a snorkling excursion that went to the underwater park and also stopped for a swim at the Sandy Lane Beach. It was a very good excursion. Since we were in port late we went with a group to the Boatyard for a drink on the beach and there were many crew members there as well. Hope you have a great stop in Barbados , it is a easy island to go out on your own. Karen

Oct 7th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Michele

We rented a car right of the pier with no pre-arrangement & it was a very reasonable cost (I don't remember exactly maybe 30-50 US). I agree with Karen that it was very easy to navigate. Got slightly lost once, but people were friendly & roads were acceptable all around the island. I can't remember the name of the beach area, but snorkeled off a park along the main hotel stretch it was nice.

Oct 7th, 2002, 03:01 PM
anon

topping