Search

Barbados help please

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 1998, 09:20 AM
Ron

Barbados help please

Looking for a new island to visit. We like snorkeling,cayaking, hiking, nice dinner restaurants. Looking for beachfront apartment. Is
anyone familiar with Beachcomber apts on payne beach
in St James parish on west coast. Is snorkeling close to shore or long swim needed. Last trip wasto
Bonaire so am spoiled. Any help or info on this
part of the island is appreciated,

Old May 31st, 1998, 02:18 PM
Amelia

I do not know the particular hotel but you are on Payne's Bay. This has one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean. For dining try Fathoms. It has good food at reasonable prices ($25.00 per person). For a big splurge try the Cliff; very pricey but probably the best restaurant in the Caribbean. Barbados is a wonderful island with friendly people.
It is very safe. There is plenty to do.

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 02:26 AM
Cathy

Ron- Beachcomber apartments are very basic accommodations (i.e. don't know if there are tv's or other luxuries in the rooms), but they are air conditioned units with kitchens. Paynes Bay is one of the most ideal beaches on the island, just north of Holetown which has all conveniences. Since we always stay on the south coast, and I only started snorkeling a few years ago, everytime I go snorkeling on the west coast, we go off of a boat, so I'm not too sure what to tell you about whether it requires a long swim or not. I know it's great then! I imagine it depends on whether there is much coral off your beach and how far out it is. I do know that there are some areas that don't require much swimming - in Carlisle Bay there's a sunken ship just off land, and you'll be near Folkstone Underwater Park if your particular beach isn't too good for snorkeling. Barbados is wonderful - have a great time!

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 05:58 AM
Ron

thanks for the info. do you know of any other beach
apartments on the west coast area or nice ones close
to beach

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 09:58 AM
Eileen

Ron, I'm trying to decided on a trip between either Bonaire or Barbados. I don't dive, but do like to
snorkel. Would you recommend Bonaire? Where did you stay? Thanks

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 02:32 PM
Ron

Bonaire is fantastic snorkeling. stayed at sanddollar condos. email me direct i will answer any questions for you or offer suggestions on bonaire.
have not been to barbados yet

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 02:34 PM
Ron

Bonaire is fantastic snorkeling. stayed at sanddollar condos. email me direct i will answer any questions for you or offer suggestions on bonaire.

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 02:54 PM
Ron