Search

Barbados catamaran tours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados catamaran tours

Hi all,

Heading back to Barbados in April and would like to take one of the catamaran cruises. We have done two with Tiami but wonder if anyone has been with Shasa or Cool Runnings. They have smaller groups which appeals to us. Appreciate any feedback!
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 06:42 AM

We went with Silver Moon - they have smaller catamarans - it was a bit more expensive but worth it for us. We went on the Silver Moon I which will take only 12 people. What a great day. The guides were wonderful - we stopped twice to snorkel and swim with the turtles. The lunch was very good and the Pina Colatas on the way back were great! This was last month - I will be posting a trip report soon.
http://www.oceanadventuresbarbados.com/oai/
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM

I've done cool runnings and highly recommend them. I did a full review with pics on my site here:

Hope it helps. You really can't go wrong with either of the cruises though.

http://www.barbados-travel-secrets.c...norkeling.html

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks trillian and rohan - appreciate the links. We'll see what's available and go from there. trillian I'll look forward to your trip report and rohan, great website. It reminded me about the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary which we haven't seen yet but will make a point of visiting this time. Thanks again!
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:06 PM

Starfish, you're welcome. Glad you like the site. Be sure to stop back or sign up for the newsletter for any updates. You'll love the Nature sanctuary!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM
KVR

Are there day trips to St. Vincent or the Grenedines from Barbados? If so, what company offers it? Thanks
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

KVR, yes there is a company that does day trips from Barbados. We did the Grenadines a couple of years ago and it was one of the highlights of our visit. Flew to Union Island where a catamaran meets you and spends the day sailing around the islands, stopping at a few to let you swim, snorkel of just explore. You arrive back at Union Island and return to Barbados that evening. It was a fantastic day. Unfortunately I can't recall the name of the company we used but here is one link that might help http://www.barbados.org/tours/chantours/
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
KVR

Starfish1,

Thanks so much for responding. One of our regrets when we went to St. Lucia was not doing a tour to the Grenedines. We definatly want to try and fit that into our budget this time if we ever get to go to Barbados.