Search

Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 1998, 08:03 AM
Lisa Brown

Barbados

Hi there! Has anyone been to the Escape hotel in St . James (Prospect Bay) in Barbados? I am going there on my honeymoon in the first 2 weeks of September - what's the weather like then? Thanks

Old Feb 12th, 1998, 10:44 AM
Tansy

I went to Paynes Bay, St. James in October 1996 and the weather was gorgeous! We had a few showers, but tropical breezes and warm weather was the norm. The next time I go back I'm planning to wear knee-length skirts because anything longer is too hot! Enjoy your honeymoon. Dancing on a moon-lit beach is wonderful!

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 06:26 AM
Don

I'm deciding between Barbados & Sint Maarten for a honeymoon in June. How is the crime rate in Barbados and are there places where it's laid back versus being crowded with tourists?

Old Feb 16th, 1998, 03:59 AM
Cathy

I think Barbados is one of the safest islands to go to. There's crime everywhere, and you have to be smart and aware when you travel, but I have never felt threatened there like I did in many other islands. I've been to Barbados 16 times and I've always had a great time.

Old Feb 16th, 1998, 04:01 AM
Cathy

I spent my honeymoon there in late August and thought it would be much hotter and more humid than my many winter trips there, but it wasn't! We had perfect weather everyday. Mid to upper 80's, but a nice breeze, and not too humid. It was great! The only rain we had was a few showers at night.

Old Feb 16th, 1998, 04:02 AM
Cathy

I spent my honeymoon there in late August and thought it would be much hotter and more humid than my many winter trips there, but it wasn't! We had perfect weather everyday. Mid to upper 80's, but a nice breeze, and not too humid. It was great! The only rain we had was a few showers at night.

Old Feb 26th, 1998, 02:11 AM
Lisa Brown

I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has replied, what a great idea this message board is! Lisa

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 10:22 AM
Shane & Fiona

Barbados is a BEAUTIFUL island hence the large number of visitors every year. If you are looking for a very quite, secluded, romantic holiday spot for your honeymoon/holiday which is far away from the hustle & bustle of the tourist then we have the spot for you - "Little Bay" in Consett Bay, St. John. If you are interested email for more information on this lovely cottage (locally owned).

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 02:11 PM
l.e.

WHAT IS ALMOND BEACH CLUB AND ALMOND BEACH VILLAGE RESORTS LIKE, I BELEIVE BOTH ARE ALL INCLUSIVE, BUT ONE ALLOWS CHILDREN. WHAT ONE IS BETTER? WE DON'T HAVE CHILDREN BUT DON'T MIND BEING AROUND THEM!! WE LIKE NICE ROOMS, TERRIFIC BEACH, GOOD SELECTION OF RESTAURANTS (not buffet all the time). THINKING OF BARBADOS FOR EARLY NEXT YEAR. THANX.

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 07:42 PM
Cathy

Both resorts are very nice - I think I would choose the Club, which is the one that doesn't allow children over the Village. Although the village is larger, it is very far north and unless you have a car you're a little more limited if you want to leave the resort and explore. The Club is more centrally located in the middle of the west coast beaches. I've stayed at both resorts prior to them being owned by Almond but have heard from many friends who have recently stayed at both. Since you don't have children and don't have to worry about accommodating them, go to the club. You can look them both up and get a better feel for the properties at www.almondresorts.com. If you have any other questions about Barbados in general, I've been there 16 times and I'm sure I could help. Enjoy! It's the best!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 07:55 PM
Kathy Anderson

Please, we are seeking information about Almond Beach Club, in Barbados. Have you been there? We appreciate your help. <BR>Kathy <BR>

Old Sep 1st, 1998, 08:06 AM
John

Cathy, whoever you are, you seem to know all there is to know about Barbados! <BR>Could you please tell me what you can about the Colony Club? <BR>Will be there from 19th sept for two weeks. <BR>This is an implulse holiday and will be expensive. Is it worth it?