Search

Bahamia in Freeport?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 11:49 AM
lisa

Bahamia in Freeport?

Anyone know anything about the Bahamia in Freeport? I've never been to Freeport, when is the best time of year to go? We DON'T like crowds!! Any help would be appreciated, <BR>Thanks, <BR>Lisa

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:01 PM
frizz

You won't find a crowd at that hotel unless they have done some major fix up. Freeport is quiet though.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:56 AM
lisa

OK..Frizz...tell me more.Should I cancel??

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 09:05 PM
julie

We just got back from a stay at the Bahamia in June and it's a dump. However, it did not prevent us from having a great time on the island. I would strongly suggest staying in the Lucaya area vs. Freeport because Freeport is much more run down and seedier. Lucaya has nice shops, nice hotels, restaurants, etc. I do not recommend the Bahamia. Hope this information helps.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:09 AM
carol

All <BR> <BR>I have a courtesy hold at the Bahamia in Freeport and now I have my doubts. It is a good deal but..... (dump?) It is only for three nights and it's cheap like I said. So.....go or no? We could stay home and spend our money here, if it's a bust. What are you thinking Lisa? <BR>CW

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 09:30 AM
FRIZZ

If the price is right and you know what you are getting into which I think you don by now. Go, have fun. RELAX and do get upset about the little things. Keep reminding yourself that you got a deal. If you priced air alone your would probably pay the same. So go to the hotel, hang at the beach and have a good time. Anything is better than staying home.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 11:16 AM
caro

Thanks Frizz <BR> <BR>My husband and I both laughed at the, anything is better than staying home. <BR> One more question? They are also offering us an all inclusive... will we be able to find eats independent of the Bahamia? $200.00 per person for two days. That seemed too high to me. But everyone I have talked to says it's really expensive there. How $ <BR> <BR>Any suggestions? <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Tracey

I would consider Freeport the armpit of the Bahamas a real dump!

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Donald

Lisa, The Resort at Bahamia is under renovations as they are connecting their two properties now but it still is accomodating and close to a major shopping and tourist center. Bahamia is the residential subdivision that belongs to the Resort at Bahamia and it is quiet.The island has many such places to be away and alone. I live here and plan to live in Bahamia soon.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:10 PM
donald

now is as good a time as any. May to Sept. Summer feeling hot in the sun and cool in the shade.almost always a breeze. Oct. to Dec. warm. Lat Dec. to April cool to cold when cold fronts pass.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:26 PM
donald

Lisa, I responded to you before reading Mr frizz's comments. I wouldn't call it a dump but is is right a lot needs to be done. the Tower @ Bahamia is better my wife and I stayed there for our 10th. Yes the prices are much higher here than US. eg. Loaf bread $2.55, taxi fares just increased. Our economy is based mostly on your economy since we do not pay income taxes Government raises funds through import duties on almost every thing we use . we produce very little. You can have a good vacation here , i believe the experience would be worth it. Come se how we live on just one of our islands.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Wendy

Went to the Bahamia in June...is a dump and the towers have so much construction the pool is closed...have to cross the street to the other half of the hotel, tennis courts were closed. If you arent picky about what the place looks like you cant get a cheaper vacation. ps&gt;&gt;my room smelled like a giant ashtray!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Danny

Lisa, <BR> If you are still considering the Bahamia for your vacation I suggest you go to the following web sites and view their message boards. They're much more active than this and I believe you'll get a much more realistic, and honest, opinion of the state of the resort right now. I would be very skeptical of reports from people who don't post a legitimate email alias. The sites are: <BR> <BR>www.bahamas-mon.com <BR>www.bahamas-on-line.com <BR>www.interknowledge.com/grandbahama/ <BR>www.bahamasvg.com <BR>www.bahamas.com <BR> <BR>You'll probably have to click through a menu or two to get to the message boards, but I think it will be worth your while. You may even find an alternative to Bahamia that sounds good. <BR> <BR>Danny