Search

Back from Ladera

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 08:28 PM
Joan

Back from Ladera

We just returned from our trip to Ladera. I just cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful time we had and how beautiful this resort is! Lisa and Kay...you were so right! I learned so much from this site (actually met Lynn and Eric while we were there) so.. if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to ask. I could talk about this place forever!

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 06:33 AM
lisa

I'm so glad you liked it Joan! Tell us more about your trip.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 09:46 AM
Kay

That is great Joan. I love nothing better than talking aobut Ladera. My husband keeps telling to quit telling people about it or it will be full the next time we diecide to go. He wants it to be our little secret. I am hoping to have a web site up by new years with my pictures on it. <BR> <BR>Please tell us more. What room did you stay in?

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 05:20 AM
Joan

Lisa & Kay, thanks for your response. <BR>We did have a great time. Arrived around 9:30 p.m. An interesting ride from the airport! The roads are something to behold, glad we weren't driving! We checked in an were completely awed by the room (even though it was dark). We had suite K, which had two bedrooms (one single), a beautiful sitting area, and stocked complimentary refrigerator. Even though dinner was over they brought us the best grilled red snapper ever! We woke the next morning to the most beautiful site we have ever seen! Words can't describe it! Double rainbows over Petite Piton with breakfast! <BR> <BR>Every meal was outstanding in selection, quality and quantity. Even with a special diet they were very accomodating. <BR> <BR>Shuttles worked well. Remarkable in the islands, on time and consistent. <BR> <BR>Hilton beach was excellent, Chastenet was even better. Snorkeling good at the Hilton but better at the Chastenet. At Chastenet Beach don't miss the rocks and coral formations at the North end of the beach! <BR> <BR>Ladera makes planning the tours painless, you show up at the arranged time and the van is there. Everything is added to your bill. <BR> <BR>Simon Marshall's Rain Forest trip is outstanding, don't miss it! The Ladera Soufriere trip was a bargain and very well done. Volcano, waterfall, botanical gardens and Soufriere included. <BR> <BR>There is a grocery store (Eroline Foods) in Soufriere where things are amazingly cheap. The driver will stop there if you ask him. (Tip accordingly). <BR> <BR>Water Taxi (Elvis) is very accomodating and quite entertaining and will take you anywhere. <BR> <BR>Don't miss botanical garden at Ladera, Roy, the gardener, will spend as much time with you as you'd like. <BR> <BR>Don't overpack!! <BR> <BR>We've been lucky enough to travel to many islands and St. Lucia is a different experience and Ladera is the most unique and enjoyable of all! If you can swing it, do it, you won't regret it! <BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 07:09 AM
lisa

That's great Joan. I'm so glad you had a good time. I totally agree with the comment about not overpacking. It is so casual and you just don't need that much. I was especially interested to hear that you've been to a lot of other islands too. What others have you been to? I am curious to know, if someone enjoyed St. Lucia and Ladera, is there anyplace else you have been that is comparable in terms of the views?

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:05 AM
Kay

Hi Joan: <BR> <BR>I am with Lisa in being glad you had such a great time. I have been to many islands int eh Caribbean: Anguilla, BVI's St. THomas, St. John, Nevis, St. Maartin/St Martin, Puerto Rico, Dominica, Guadaloupe, Ill de Saints, Antigua. I ahve nevr seen a view like Ladera's. We can't wait to go back!

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 02:13 PM
lisa g

Joan, <BR> Hi! I am new to this forum and I am so glad to hear that Ladera is wonderful. My fiance and I are in the beginning stages of planning our wedding in St. Lucia and we have considered staying at Ladera. Couple of questions though... Friends and family might be joining us and I have heard that there is not a lot of "nightlife" in that area is this true? Besides our wedding, I would like our guests to have other things to do also. Is it easy to get to the northern part of the island (i.e., Rodney Bay and Castries)? Any other advice you could give would be wonderful. <BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 06:22 AM
lisa

Lisa G. -- You are correct that there is not much nightlife in the area! It is pretty quiet. Ladera does host a managers' party and barbecue once a week with a band and dancing. At a restaurant called Bang they have a floor show once a week with fire eaters and limbo dancers. Also, the nearby Jalousie Hilton (about a 10-15 minute taxi ride) is a much larger resort and seemed to have a little more nightlife -- we went to a beach buffet dinner there one night and they had a reggae band playing and a show with limbo dancers and regular dancing afterwards. No, it is not that easy to get up to Rodney Bay and Castries, especially not after dark. The roads are very narrow, with lots of hairpin turns, and the drivers there go very fast. Driving that far at night would not be on my list of things to do.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 03:57 PM
Joan

Hi Lisa G (also Lisa, Kay, & Lynn!) Sorry I haven't replied in awhile, been very busy! I have to say there is little night life near Ladera. They are trying to get more entertainment. They did have a trio the night of the Manager's Buffet, another night they had an African Dance Group come in. But it is pretty quiet. Lisa is correct, it's difficult and expensive to get to Casties or Rodney Bay. <BR> <BR>Kay, to answer your question re: the other islands we've visited include: St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. John, Tortola, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Nassau, Cozumal, Okinawa, and Hawaii. We've also cruised on NCL and Carnival (should anyone have any questions).

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 05:30 AM
Andrea

We are considering Ladera for our honeymoon in September 2001. Any suggestions would be great. Most of the replies about Ladera sound fantastic, but some people seem to think that the distance is too great, the privacy/safety may be a concern, and question the food. You mentioned a special diet? I would be interested to hear how they accommodated you. Also it sounds like you may have stayed in a villa as opposed to a Deluxe 1BDRM suite. Do you have any recommendations for that? I'd love to hear more of your personal experience, please feel free to contact me at the email above with more detail. Thanks!