Search

Back from Haiti

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 10:32 PM
Pierre Musson

Back from Haiti

Remember me? I was the one going to Haiti amid much doom and gloom from your readers. Anyway, my wife and I had a great time. We immediately relaxed once we were there. We never felt threatened, the people were kind and helpful, the food and accomodations great. There are great beaches if you know where to go. The price are economical. It just takes a little homework, patience, and sense of adventure, for an alternative to the packaged Caribbean holiday.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 02:02 AM
Noach

Hi Pierre. I remember you. Glad to hear it went well for you but I have heard from several sources that the situation in Haiti is very bad; much violence and instability. <BR> <BR>I believe you are correct that is possible to have a good vacation other than the 'packaged' type but I would like to point-out that many of these alternatives do not have to be as rugged and adventurous as Haiti. <BR>

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 08:47 AM
Pierre Musson

To Noach: As with visiting any Third World country prone to violence and instability, remember that it is very rarely if ever directed toward foreigners. If you're there for a week or two, most visitors will not see a thing unless they watch CNN in their hotel room. Of course, one can have a good vacation without going to places like Haiti, but my point is that if one wants such an alternative, he or she need not be overly concerned.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 09:13 PM
Tony

What a DREADFUL place to go on a vacation!!!

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Kumbako

Voodoodoll voodoodoll voodoodoll voodoodoll voodoodoll

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 04:38 PM
Pierre Musson

With so many people like Tony, this is not my site and I am un-bookmarking Fodors.

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 05:46 PM
Mari

Well, duh Pierre! I told you you were in the all-inclusive crowd! People like Tony can't go anywhere except a nice sanitized Sandals Resort!!!

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 10:47 PM
Tony

Good riddance, Pierre! And don't forget to get your numerous SHOTS (about 100 perhaps?) on your way back to Haiti!