back from couples jamaica any ?

Dec 8th, 2000, 01:57 PM
JENNIFER

back from couples jamaica any ?

back from my first trip to Jamaica. reading other posts really helped me, now I would like to give back. I will try to answer your questions. We did a lot of activities including ys falls/black river, snorkeling, scuba diving, booby cay picnic. irie

Dec 19th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Angela

How was the diving and snorkeling in Negril? We're leaving on 12/24 and would also like to know all about Couples, Negril. Food, Service, entertainment, etc...

Jan 11th, 2001, 08:01 AM
soon to be married

What were YS falls like? I am going to couples on my honeymoon at the beginning of April. ANy other handy hints?

Jan 11th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Dan

Did you go to couples ocho rios.
My wife and I are going in feb. If you did could you tell me about the resort
and all the food,entertainment and service

Feb 4th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Cindy

Jennifer- My husband and I are doing the Doubletake Offer at Couples where we will split our week between Ochos Rios and Negril resorts. We are very much looking forward to it.
Here are a few questions: Did you fly from the airport or take the shuttle bus? What would you recommend?

Was it easy to get reservations at the restaurants/activities that you wanted? Any suggestions for a first timer?

What was the attire like? My husband and I are pretty casual. Will we need to bring alot of formal clothing to enjoy the fine dining?

Any other recommendations on what to pack along?

Thanks so much!! Cindy

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Shelly

Overall, did you enjoy the Couples resort. I have heard good things about both Sandals and Couples- where would you suggest?
Weather in Mid-Septmber?

Feb 8th, 2001, 03:05 PM
jennifer

Hello all,
In regards to ys falls, I thought it was beautiful and the ride was interesting (about 1.5 hours each way) Be prepared to tip and tip some more, everyone you come in contact with expects one. I thought it was nice but I would not do it again (it was beautiful but not spectacular) We loved boating on the river and searching for crocodiles (if you like that kind of entertainment) It is a combination tour. I would recommend finding a tour guide through the resort instead of booking with the tour company. it would cost less and you can stop for drinks and plan your itinery to your liking. The resort itself is awesome, the food and service is excellant (this was our 7th all inclusive experience, 1st @couples) The entertainment was ok, we've had better. The water was nice, snorkeling and diving are included. We saw an octopus while snorkeling (it does not compare to cozumel, much of the reef is dead) but it was fun and we went often.
we loved the catamaran trips (included) to pickled parrot, loads of fun. be prepared to swim from the boat (about 30 feet) to jump from cliffs, go down the slide etc...
Sign up early for the excursions and gourmet restaurant. I would spend only one or two dinners at the gourmet restaurant, the other restaurants were very good too and we actually liked the atmosphere better.
In regards to driving or taking a plane from montego bay, my husband and i did not mind the drive, it was fun to see the sites along the way (and sites they are!) It wasn't that long (about 1 hour 15 min) depending on driver.
Everyone will have a blast! Float in the ocean, meet new friends at the swimup bar etcccccc.

Feb 8th, 2001, 03:10 PM
jennifer

Reservation were very easy to make, I would suggest making the day before after breakfast (we never had a problem getting one) We live in our bathing suits and in the evening I wore a sun dress.