Notices

August Vacation? Where to go? Need help!!!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:12 PM
marcy

August Vacation? Where to go? Need help!!!

My husband and I are looking to take a 2 week trip in August. As we're using some AA vouchers of aournd $1100 Europe is out of the question andI think Caribbean is probably our best bet? We just went to Anguilla the last week of April, first week of May but would that be the best bet for August in terms of price? (our schedules only permit us going in Aug....)

Also, If someone has been to Anguilla a bunch of times and absotely loves it, where would you recommend we go to try something new? (went on a day trip to St. Barts-maybe go back for longer period of time) Maybe a 2 week trip to 2 different Islands? Any suggestions out there? Perhaps Turks & Caicos? (2 differnet islands might be fun, so its not the same thing again with anguilla)

What 2 islands/resort islands would you suggest for a 2 week trip to caribbean in August that is equal/better in comparison to cap Juluca style in Anguilla....

Thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:13 PM
marcy

Europe is out b/c the prices on flights are so high now (high season) any ideas out there?

thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:50 PM
anonymous

I am going to the Caribbean in July for a 3 week honeymoon. I plan to stay in Anguilla-Cap Juluca package, St. Martin, and Nevis. While there, I plan to island hop to st. kitts, st. barts, barbuda & saba.

For 4-5 star in St. Martin try La Sammana hotel.

Since you have been to Anguilla/St. barts etc., have you considered the British virgin islands (Virgin Gorda & Tortola), or the US virgin islands (St. John, St. Croix, St. Thomas)? Both destinations (BVI, USVI) are great for island hopping.

try www.luxurylink.com for information on resorts as well as discounts/deals

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Ralph

I would add that the vast majority of the "deals" on LuxuryLink.com aren't really deals. More than 80% of the time the non-auction prices are not as good as seasonal rates offered at the website or toll free phone #, or they add things into a package which you'd likely not use, etc.
If you find a low priced auction, that can provide a great deal on occasion.
But be careful and check around.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Marlette

Suggest think about staying in Barbados--safer in the southern caribbean during that period--Cystal Cove Resort or other luxury resort and maybe flying over to Palm Island Resort, Young Island Resort or Petit St. Vincent Resort in the Grenadines--unbelievable beaches.
Information using Google and typing out resort + island / and "St. Vincent & the Grenadines" for island information.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Howard

I would go to Provo in the Turks and Caicos. We have been to Anguilla and Provo 12 times each. I would stay at Coral Gardens, a condo resort, specifically in room 1212. You can take day trips to a lot of the other islands in the Turks and Caicos. Most of the resorts on the other T&C islands are pretty basic and don't have A/C which you will need in August. Feel free to e-mail me for more info