Atlantis with Kids - Now What??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We spent a week at Atlantis in Paradise Island in November with our two kids (2 and 4) and had a great time. The kids loved the pools, waterslides, aquariums, etc. Can someone recommend another resort in the Carribbean that would be a good place to take young children - we're looking for something very nice with something for the kids to do - waterslides, great pools, etc.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:29 AM

Probably can't compare with Atlantic regarding sheer size and things to do, but we took our children, ages 5 and 10, to the Hyatts(Dorado/Cerramar /Hacienda Del Mar -- they are all together) in Puerto Rico in November and they loved it. There is a great water slide, the "World's longest River Pool" with little waterfalls, swim up bar, small slides, etc. Lots to do and with the three resorts together, lots of restaurant choices, several beaches, four golf courses, bicycling, etc. Hacienda Del Mar is the condo section, great for families. Also, pretty easy trip from the continental US.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:57 PM
OT

Not on the same grand scale as Atlantis -<BR><BR>Malliouhana on Anguilla <BR><BR>or<BR><BR>Sandy Lane on Barbados<BR><BR>both have very nice Kid's Clubs.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 11:24 AM

What about FDR in Jamaica? We're looking into it for our next trip.<BR><BR>Also, Eileen - is there a website that you can rent directly from the owners at Hacienda del Mar? We just rented directly from La Cabana and found it easy and reasonable. We aren't timeshare owners ourselves.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 07:02 PM

marie, we are planning on going to atlantis in december. can you tell me which tower to stay in and where to eat. I have one seven year old. Thanks!
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 07:46 PM

Hi, We are looking for the same thing and have been informed that the following have great kids clubs:<BR><BR>Cuba - Tryp Pennisula<BR>Cancun - Crown paradise club<BR><BR>We have been to either but are currently considering.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 06:11 AM

Regarding Hacienda Del Mar -- I believe the Hyatt handles all the rentals. You can call them and they will rent by the week. We own a very large two bedroom and it is great for families. Not sure if anyone rents independently but you might check out the Timeshare Users Group -- www.tug2.net, I think, they have timeshare postings.