Search

Atlantis in September

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Helen

Atlantis in September

I know September is hurricane season, but how bad do you think it really is? Do you think it's still worth it to take a trip down there at that time? Or will we be soaked the entire time?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:53 AM
caroline

Hi,<BR>My suggestion is dont go at all, for the money there is so much more you can do. Atlantis is overpriced and crowded - think 2parts disneyworld +1 part carribean. My husband and I just returned from there in March, we stayed in the Coral Towers (which is an old hotel done over) 3 nights 4 days the food was ok the room was terrible. And don't think that you dont spend time in your room because when you have a horrible room every minute is torture We went to the desk to get another room but we were told that they were 110% capacity, Sorry. AC leaked and banged all night the condensation dripped into my luggage (Yuck) the bathroom faucet fell apart while my husband was shaving the mattress was as flat as a pancake and there was a discusting foul odor in the hallway taht was there for our entire stay.The room was very small and shabby. We wanted to stay in the Royal Towers but it was totally booked. Thats the new hotel. The place is nice i guess it was just a big giant fish tank. was this a World Class Resort Experience?? NO WAY I can think of so many other places to go for around $600.00 per night(thats not including food or gambling or anything else). I love to go on vacation but I could not wait to get out of there. We actually saw people fighting over lounge chairs by the pools. Very crowded beach and pool areas. VERY DISAPPOINTED NEVER to RETURN.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Keely

We spent 9 Septembers on Paradise Island at the Ocean Club down the beach from Atlantis, and in that whole time we had 3 days that were all rain. It was mostly sunny all the time. Sometimes we'd have a cloudy day, and many days would be partly cloudy, but very rarely was the weather unpleasant. Often there would be a brief shower late in the afternoon, after which everything was sunny again, or it would rain at night. Needless to say, if the weather had been bad, we would never have gone back. Of course it's always possible to have worse luck, but I think it's worth it to take your chances. Our worst weather was 3 years ago when we had to leave the island a day early because of the impending hurricane. Otherwise September is great because there are far fewer crowds and there's a relaxed, laid back feeling at the resorts. I would never go to Atlantis in any of the high season months, including March, because it's a madhouse. In September you ought to be able to get your choice of rooms.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Cheryl taylor

I think I was at Atlantis the same time as Keely, but my husband and I were actually stuck there during the hurricane. We had gotten a great deal from US Airways vacations, but didn't get to enjoy it very much because of the hurricane; we had 1 nice day there. We had to evacuate the room the second night, and after that things went quickly downhill. Most all the restaurants and pools closed, and we couldn't get out to the beach. Took us 2 days to get home. The hotel is beautiful, and there is alot to do (aquarium, water slides, lazy river, beautiful lagoon). The staff was excellent considering the hotel was virtually shut down. I wasn't that much impressed with the island itself however. Realize there are alot of great deals in Sep, but of course it's hurricane season and you are taking a chance. Highly recommend trip insurance. I think I would rather go to Bermuda instead.