Atlantis for 2 days

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Molly

Atlantis for 2 days

I will be staying at the Atlantis for 2 days in March. I know it is not much time, but it is all I can do. Anyway, I want to know what is a must see or do? What should I not miss? Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to just sit at a pool all day, would it? Should we just walk around the resort? Thanks.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Gail

Definitely walk around the resort. Enjoy the aquariums and the Dig. Have fun on the water slides and the lazy river ride.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Molly

Thanks Gail. Anybody else?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:27 PM
tom

I was just there for three days and it wasn't enough time - I was just getting my bearings and it was time to leave. Definitely go through the Dig - it's pretty cool. Also, try out some of the waterslides or just walk around the pool areas and find a spot that you like and relax for a couple of hours. The grounds are very large and you can spend a good amount of time just walking from the pool at the Royal Towers all the way to the Beach Towers. Take a walk down the beach also (crystal clear water and white, soft sand). If you plan on eating at the resort - my experience at the three restaurants at which I ate for dinner was:
Mama Loos (Chinese) - I really liked this restaurant. The food, atmosphere and service were all good.

Villa D'este (Italian) - Enjoyed this restaurant also - very good food (baby osso bucco was delicious), service was good and good atmosphere.

Fathoms (Seafood) - I was disappointed. I didn't care for my entree at all (Salmon Wellington - maybe it was just a poor choice). Also, I didn't like the atmosphere - very large and crowded and, since it is cavern-like, it was extremely loud (everyones voice was echoing). Not want I want when I'm paying $$$$ for dinner. On top of it - the bread that was brought to the table was foccacia with seaweed baked on top - it was gross (tasted like slurping from a bay).

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Malissa

Spending your first day at the resort wouldn't be a waste of time at all. It's beautiful, which is why you're paying top dollar. If you can swing the straw market, I'd give it a try. Although it burned down recently....

As for dinner, I would recommend that you take a limo and go enjoy the Graycliff in Nassau. It's better than any food you'll get at the Atlantis. The most extensive wine list you can ever imagine. They treat you like royality. You don't have to lift a finger! Also, the limos aren't any more expensive than a taxi, so why not ride in style?

Enjoy! You won't regret going. We went for our honeymoon for 5 days last year, but we truly believe one visit was enough. It's defintely an experience, but you tend to feel like just a number because the place is so large. It's worth seeing, though.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Molly

Thanks for all the info.

Tom - I can't go for more than 2 days, so I will not dwell on it. How many people were you with? I was wondering if you had to make reservations at any of those restaurants? This is what I am hearing. But there will only be 3 of us. Thanks.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 09:01 AM
tom

Molly,
I was there with one other person but I made reservations for all three nights when I first arrived. Each of the restaurants was quite crowded so I would suggest that you consider making reservations prior to your arrival. If not, you might want to go to guest services (right across from check-in) and make your reservations when you first arrive. Guest services has a book that you can browse that includes menus from each of the restaurants - it was very helpful.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 10:39 AM
tweedy

Molly I echo everyone else's comments. The Atlantis is amazing and you will have a great time.

If you have the site see bug, go downtown Nassau a short water taxi ride, from PI and to the dock area where the liners come into port.

Lots of good shopping downtown Nassau and you can bargin for just about anything. Good prices on Jewelry again, most stores will bargin with you.

The straw market is up and running and lots of fun things there, tee shirts and knick knacks.

I also second the Greycliff suggestion for dinner. It is the only 5 star restaurant in the carribean, and is fairly expensive, but worth every penny. The lobster bisque, well lets just say I wanted to lick the bowl,

You will have a wonderful time, there is so much to see and do on island, enjoy.

tweedy