Search

Aruba Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 03:36 AM
Diana

Aruba Restaurants

My husband and I are leaving for Aruba later ths week. Can anyone suggest some good restaurants? Did anyone ever go to the Flying Fishbone? Any suggestions will be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR>diana

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 05:18 AM
eileen

We were there in March. Liked Gasparito Restaurant and Art Gallery, Papiamento (Great setting around the pool), Boonoonoos (for Aruban cuisine) and the restaurant at Tierra Del Sol Golf Course (can't think of the name).

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 08:14 AM
Arubasun.

<BR> <BR>Flying Fishbone is a must it is the most romantic restaurant on the island. Make sure you get there a few minutes before sunset. <BR> <BR>Aruba is blessed with many outstanding restaurants.. my personal favourite is The Promenade. Its a beautiful restaurant situated in the heart of down town San Nicolas. I would suggest you rent a car to get to The Promenade as a cab may be too expensive. The Restaurant does offer vallet parking, take note that the menu prices in the promenade are in Florins and not dollars as at the other restaurants. <BR> <BR>Other Great Restaurants. <BR>French Steak House at Manchebo Beach Resort. <BR>El Gaucho Restaurant( Argentine Steak House) a must! <BR> <BR>Papiamento Restaurant! (Aruban food) a must! <BR> <BR>Madame Jeanette! Also a must eat restaurant. <BR> <BR> <BR>La Tatorria el Farro Blanco ( Restaurant located at the California Lighthouse) has an amazing view towards Aruba hotel area, beautiful at night. <BR> <BR>I have mentioned a few of the most outstanding restaurants, but there are over 100 great restaurants on the island to explore enjoy. <BR> <BR>Enjoy Aruba... <BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Karen

Definately Chez Mathilde!!! Excellent ...

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 11:21 AM
Corinne

A new restaurant called Hostaria La Vitorrio. I believe that is the name it is across from the Hyatt. Real Italian food. El Gaucho for steaks is great also.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Lis

Not sure of the real name, but "the lighthouse" is a fantastic setting for a sunset dinner. Make sure you get there well before sunset and sit outside! <BR> <BR>Don't miss the pumpkin soup at Boonoonoonoos!

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 05:36 PM
edye

A strong second for Hosteria del Vittoria across from the Hyatt. Execllent, authentic Italian and very friendly hosts. Had to return 2ce in a week!

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 12:54 PM
Jackie

El Gaucho is a must. Reservations needed. I would strongly suggest making them now, before you leave.