Aruba-quiet or spring breakers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still looking for a quiet island. Aruba looks good but concerned about spring break. I plan on going in March. I did not see any adult only places listed there. Also what is the best all inclusive on the island
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
KVR

I wouldn't think Aruba would be ideal for Spring Breakers. However, you'll probably encounter lots of families/kids.

The Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa is not adult's only, but children are discouraged.

The RIU and Occidental would be considered more of a true AI like what you would find in Mexico and the DR.

Aruba really isn't ideal for an AI. There are literally tons of resturants and bars in all price ranges and easy to get to. If you choose a hotel on Palm Beach, you just have to cross the street. AI's will be more atractive to families as it can be cheaper when not having to pay for food/drinks for the kids.
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Aruba is VERY busy. For gorgeou, quiet islands check out Anguilla, Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos, or St John,USVI---not really all inclusive though.
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM
KVR

The Bucuti Beach Resort in Aruba is adult's only, but it's not an all inclusive.
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM

The all-inclusive resorts for Aruba are:
Tamarijn Beach
Divi Aruba Beach
RIU Palace
Occidental Grand
Holiday Inn (can stay with or without all-inclusive meal plan)
None are Adults Only
For quiet resorts: Tamarjin Beach and Divi Aruba Beach - these two properties are next to each other and you can use the facilities of both when you stay at either one
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
KVR

In addition to the AI hotels mentioned aboive, the following also have AI plans:

The Renaissance, Amsterdam Manor, The Marriott, The Westin and The Manchebo
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Palm Beach in Aruba is extremely crowded. We stayed @ Marriott last February & it was "crazy busy". But, we still had a good time. If you are looking for "quiet", don't go to Plam Beach, Aruba. Eagle Beach may be better...i.e, less crowded. Maybe somebody else here can speak to that.
And, don't do AI in Aruba b/c there are many great restaurants.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM

March is prime time in the islands. And Aruba is one of the least quiet islands of all. I would look at St. John or the British Virgin Islands if you are interested in beautiful, peaceful, and quiet.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 06:15 AM

We were there in Feb. 09 at the Marriott. Extremely crowded and a lot of families, that was Palm Beach. It is less busy on Eagle Beach but still busy. We really didn't care for the commercialized atmosphere. Other islands are much quieter with the Caribbean charm (not so with Aruba). We loved St. Kitts (also stayed at the Marriott there).
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM

RiverRat, we also stayed @ Marriott (Ocean Club) in Feb/09. Did you stay @ the hotel, Ocean Club or Surf Club? We are also interested in Marriott St. Kitts but for us it is a problem getting there. We fly from Toronto & there are no direct flights to St. Kitts. There is a direct 5 hour Air Canada flight Toronto/Aruba. What about you? From where do you fly, how long does it take & can you get a direct flight to St. Kitts?
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM

@RiverRat - I didn't care for the commercialized atmosphere either ... because I felt like I didn't get to experience the Aruban culture ... however, because their economy is so reliant on tourism, I supposed it was experiencing their culture ...

I stayed at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort, which had a much less busy beach (Druif Beach) for people staying at the Divi Resort. There are all-inclusive options and a bunch of great activities among the 3 Divi hotels that are right there.

It's a short bus ride or taxi ride to downtown or to the resort area...but it's away from all the hustle and bustle
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM

OceanBreeze- we stayed at the Surf Club. We flew out of YYZ in Toronto and changed flights in Miami then straight on to St. Kitts. We left Toronto at 6:00 AM and were in St. Kitt's by 3:30 PM.

Kay - we rented a jeep and traveled around the island and saw some of the culture but still too comercialized for me. We are looking at Anquilla or Turks and Caicos, any suggestions?
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM

RiverRat, what airline from YYZ to MIA? And MIA to SKB?
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:06 AM

OceanBreeze - It was American Airlines all legs of the trip.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks, RR