Aruba, Puerto Rico or Turks & Caicos?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which has best beaches and tropical feel (palm trees, flowers)?
Old May 17th, 2003, 12:07 PM

Aruba and T/C are scrubby arid islands with little vegetation. Resorts, of course, plant their own trees and flowers, but the islands aren't lush like Hawaii or St. John. They have great beaches, better than PR's by a longshot. PR has much more vegetation and decent beaches, but not outstanding by comparison.
Old May 17th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Would you like to visit PR, Turks or Aruba again, or was once enough? Found great airfare to Puerto Rico for $250 RT without taxes.
Old May 17th, 2003, 01:47 PM

I think I answered this in one of your others questions relating to the same topic. Once was enough for me as far as T&C is concerned. Aruba I have never been, but PR is a nice Island and some of the beaches I feel are very nice in some areas. The other plus as you mention it is a major hub for other islands. Airfare can be reduced to a minimum. Not sure where you flying from but Jet Blue runs specials for $99.00 one way.
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:24 AM

Wow!!! Aruba is the most amazing island. PLENTY of amazing restaraunts, Great beaches, perfect weather, and MUCH to do.
The only downsides (and to some their good) are that there is little to none shopping and things to see. MORE TIME AT THE POOL!

Puerto Rico is also a great island. The beaches just DONT compare though. Their is more to do and see in PR though.

T&C wasnt nearly as fun.

If you are going to PR stay at wither the Hyatt Cerromar for an amazing (but crowded) pool (the longest in the world) and nice tennis, golf, etc. , the El Conquistador ($$$$) for great everything, or the Westin Rio Mar, for great rooms, big beach, Peter Burwash international tennis, and some nice restaraunts, (just bad location)

in Aruba, paradise is found at the Hyatt Regency Aruba....absolute perfection...( i went their on points so i dont know the $$$$)
Old May 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but try to stick to either facts or subjective opinions. The pool at Hyatt Cerromar is not the longest, deepest, widest or largest (gallons) in the world. (If you're including their lazy river that's not even close to being the longest in the world).
The Hyatt Aruba is a good hotel, but to imply that it is 'absolute perfection' is a bit of a stretch. The rooms are very middle of the road and not special in any way. The restauarants (the best of which is Japengo, which is a US chain), are OK, the pools very nice. But many people don't even consider the Hyatt the best resort on Aruba, let alone being 'perfect'. (Not that any one place is perfect).