aruba marriott vs. st. kitts marriott

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aruba marriott vs. st. kitts marriott

Can't decide. I have been to St. John Westin, Gallows Point and Caneel Bay and loved it. Went to St. Thomas didn't care for it too commercial and crowded. With that said, does anyone have any opinions about St. Kitts Marriott vs. Aruba Marriott. 2 adults with 1 14yr old boy. Looking for sun, pool pretty beaches. Not into total nature but also not into total crowds. I am a little concerned about all the rain in Aruba lately and also the wind in Aruba.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:50 AM

We have been to both resorts. St. Kitts, just two weeks ago, was very uncrowded, and there are great deals available for the relatively new Marriott. Aruba may be an easier flight but will be pricier. Both are breezy locations, but we love the trade winds keeping us cool. It rained a bit it St. Kitts, too, but, hey, no snow. Seriously, you can't go wrong with either resort.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 06:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have only stayed at the aruba marriott. We totally enjoyed our stay there. It will be more crowded I am sure than st. kitts. It is a great resort though. If I were going to aruba, I would not go during their high season to avoid the crowds (Jan-Mar)We went to aruba as a family vacation and the kids had a blast (10 and 12yrs.)We went during last year's spring break (last week of march) and it wasn't that crowded. As far as the wind goes, this was a real worry of mine before we went. I did not think it was ever too windy. There is always a constant breeze.I think if there weren't you would feel like you were cooking in the microwave. That's probably why we did not experience any bug problems. I also noticed it to be less windy at the Marriott than at other places on the island. The marriott sits at then end of the hotel strip.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 01:34 PM

I have been to both islands/hotels. There is nothing commercial about St. Kitts or the Marriott there. Aruba is much more developed. The St Kitts Marriott is new and very nice. I was there off-season so I can't say what it is like during the peak season. Aruba Marriott is expanding with a new timeshare being built. The beach is beautiful there as well, butI'd vote for St. Kitt's.