Search

Aruba in April

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aruba in April

My boyfriend and I are going to Aruba in early April. Do we need to make reservations at places like the Flying Fishbone, Madame Janette's, EL Gaucho's several days in advance or even from the U.S. before we leave or can this be done the day before or day of once we get there? Also, a friend recommended a good Italian restaurant across the street from the Hyatt for our first nite, does anyone know the name. Thanks!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Early April is still part of the high season although not as busy. There will be a lot of people off for spring break. We went spring break last year. I made reservations at two restaurants that I definitely wanted to go to (we also had 9 of us dining together). We were there for one week. I would pick two must dinners and make the reservation now. Usually you can make them online. El Gaucho, request a downstairs table and dine early. (You will get better service-by 7pm should be fine). I don't know the restaurant across from the Hyatt. I am trying to picture the restaurants there. We ate at the Texas d Brazil there and had ice cream downstairs in an italian pastry shop. You can try going to aruba-bb.com This is a forum for aruba vistitors. Many of these people go a couple of times a year and have some good advice. Enjoy your trip. We had a blast!
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 11:06 AM

The Italian resturant across the street from the Hyatt is probably Hostaria DaVittorio.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 12:54 PM

Definetly go to Chez Matilda restaurant frp a fantastic meal and a great experience. If you like Aruba in April, try going back for New Years. I have never seen an entire island go crazy with fireworks for a day and a half. You can probably see the island glowing at night from the space station. Worth the experience.
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM

Include Que Pasa in Oranjestad in your restaurant choices, a local recommended it to my husband and I.It had the best food and was less expensive than the Flyin' Fishbone.We ate there too and it was good also.Try to get a table beside the water , it is very romantic.Rumba is good also.The buffet in the Renaissance Hotel on the 2nd floor is great too, forgot the name of it, but it is near the pool.El Gauchos had the best steak that I have ever had.The lounge for El Gaucho was great.A guy plays the piano and sings,he was really nice.April is a great time to go.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:47 PM

I would definitely make reservations before your trip. We asked the concierge at the hotel to do it. We loved Madamme Jeanette's- be sure to request a table outside, inside looked rather stuffy & hot. Mama Jamaice dessert was fantastic. El Gaucho was a favorite too, steaks are to die for and loved the white wine sangria. We had reservations at Flying Fishbones but was cancelled due to Ivan (w were there in Sept 04 & hurricane never hit). We are going back this August & plan to try that one again. We heard the food is not the best ever but the atmosphere is. Heard sunset grille is good too. Have fun.