Aruba Hotel Help - with toddler

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're looking at going to Aruba in March. First time traveling with our toddler (18 months old) so we're looking for convenience... nice beaches, good snorkeling (not sure if on Aruba), convenience to food/cafes to eat good food, take walks, people watch etc. We're in our 30s and from NY. I think I've narrowed it down to the following hotels: Renaissance, Costa Linda, Playa Linda, Marriott, La Quinta. Any advice would be great! Thanks..
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM

The Renaissance is in the middle of town - on a busy road - not on the beach. I would take that off the list. Costa Linda is on a quiet beach. Playa Linda is on a busier beach but close to lots of eating places. The Marriott is a gigantic complex of three huge properties. LaQuinta is a small very nice property, but is across the street from a very nice uncrowded beach. Do you want a large property or a small property? That would narrow it down some more.
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM

I disagree with taking the Renaissance off your list. We stayed there with our kids and loved it. It is in town, but some of the rooms are on the beach, and they have a private island. The kids loved the boat taxi to the private island every day. The island had wonderful snorkeling, protected swimming areas, trails with TONS of hermit crabs, and was uncrowded. We loved the convenience of the hotel to the many restaurants in the evening.
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Marriott is huge and very kid friendly. Lots of pools and restaurants in it's three complexes. Holiday Inn is next door and then you are on a path with restaurants and other places to eat.
Marriott gets my vote. We went with our kids when they were 9 and 10 and they loved it.
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Question: are the restaurants/night activity closer to the Marriott or to the Renaissance? Is there any by Costa Linda? Toddlers can be unpredictable, particularly during the evening witching hours, so being close to some nighttime activity would be really helpful.
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM

We stayed at the Marriott in September and loved it. Lots of people had small kids and they all seemed to be having a blast. Their beach is perfect for toddlers since the water is very calm and not intimidating. I think Marriott your family would enjoy the Marriott.
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Rennassaince is in town. I did not like the location. I did not find the town all that appealing. On the other hand, they have a private beach, but you have to boat to it.

I don't know about costa linda?
The Marriott is at the end of the palm beach hotel line. It has a nice large complex. Walking to other places is not very difficult. We taxied all over to restaurants. It is very easy to get a cab.
Playa Linda is not far from Marriott. We stood in front of the sign and took a picture because my name is Linda. But, I didn't see inside the complex or anything.
We walked from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn, over to the Hyatt (very nice hotel) and across the street from the Hyatt was several restaurants. We had dinner at the Texas de Brazil. there was an ice cream place and some breakfast places there. It was about a 10-15 minute walk.
There is also a beach bar between the marriott and holiday inn called Moombas. I don't know if they serve food or not.
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Great. I think the Marriott sounds perfect. Thanks for all the help. I'll check on the other postings to get recommendations on dining, things to do, etc.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:02 AM

Look into renting a timeshare at the Marriott. We have grown kids (19 and 24) and we loved having a kitchen and livingroom. For the cost of 2 hotel rooms for fewer days we stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a kitchen for a week.