Search

Aruba Costs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Marnie

Aruba Costs

I am planning a honeymoon to Aruba this September and would like anyone's opinion if the Raddison is a better choice than La Cabana which is all inclusive. We are trying to figure out how much we will spend a day there is we do not do the all inclusive. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Any and all comments would be appreciated.! <BR> <BR> <BR>Thankyou <BR>Marnie

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Lisa

La Cabana is the largest resort on the island and VERY family oriented and it is also not directly on the beach but across the street. Radisson is ideal for a honeymoon. Newly totally redone and stunning! You'll be in the middle of Palm Beach and able to walk to all the other high-rise hotels. <BR> <BR>If you are not big drinkers than eating out is not any more expensive than eating out nicely at home. <BR> <BR>We found this site through referrals on this BB and a few others and have been more than pleased with their service and their rates www.travelunlimited.com

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Eddy

Radisson is great..one of the best resorts in Aruba and the Caribbean. Since you are coming in September it is low season so prices will be low. September being one of the months with less arrivals. Enjoy Aruba, you have chosen the right island and the right resort.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:07 PM
chazz

Raddison is MUCH nicer, esp. for a honeymoon. There are lots of restaurants in every price range - from McDonalds to gourmet - so you can spend as much or as little as you wish on meals. Also, it's easy to get around - reasonably priced taxis; cheap and clean buses; or rent a car (we did, for 3 days out of a week, and it was worth it). <BR>Don't miss the sailing/snorkeling trips. <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 10:40 PM
JanGail

All great advice so far!! The Radisson <BR>is definitely "Honeymoon Heaven"!!! <BR>The La Cabana would be a poor choice <BR>as it is reputedly the best family <BR>resort-- even though in September school <BR>will be session for older kids, but <BR>there will still be lots of kids under <BR>the age of six! <BR>If you are concerned about costs, don't <BR>be. September is low season when prices <BR>drop. You will have plenty of choices <BR>to eat from fast food McDonald's to <BR>gourmet Chez Mathilde! Even if you <BR>find a particular restaurant too <BR>expensive but still want to try it, then <BR>opt for a late evening dessert and <BR>coffee or dessert liquor. Or go for a <BR>pre-dinner appetizer and drinks before <BR>going to your selected restaurant for <BR>dinner. You can experiment and still <BR>have a wonderful time and a memorable <BR>honeymoon without breaking the bank! <BR>Hope this helps! <BR>JanGail

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Marnie

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. The Raddisson it is!! I am sure that we will have a great time there without breaking the bank. <BR> <BR>Thanks again. <BR>Marnie

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 11:04 AM
christie

We are also going to the Radisson for our honeymoon. From what i researched, it sounded like the nicest place. We got the honeymoon package which includes the buffet breakfast, one dinner in their restaurant, one day jeep rental, sunset sail, etc. I figured by the time we ate breakfast, we would probably skip lunch and just go out for dinner. I've heard there are great restaurants to try!