Caymans

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 04:48 AM
paige

Caymans

Looking to vacation here in June. Has anyone stayed at Turtle Beach Villas or Victoria House? Does anyone have any recommendations that are not going to break the bank? Thanks!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Steve

My wife and I were there a couple of years ago and LOVED IT! I can tell you this, do not stay at the Paradise Island resort as the beach there was the worst on the island (rocky, small, etc...) I do not remember some of the other hotels to recommend but most were very nice (except the Paradise Island). If you like beaches (snorkeling, swimming, etc...) then the Holiday Inn had a very nice beach also the cemetery down the street (going away from the town towards "hell" was also very nice (and crowded). As far as other things to do, we rented a Jeep (top down -that was nice!) and toured the island. While Caymans is not the cheapest place to visit you can watch your money by picking the places to eat carefully. There was an Italian place across the street from the Holiday Inn also. If there is anything else I can answer just e-mail me....

Steve

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Anon

Steve, do you mean Treasure Island maybe? Where on GC is Paradise Island?

I'd definitely recommend staying beachfront. Don't have specific knowledge of the condos you mention. The best way to save on accomodations in Cayman is to go w/ friends & split the cost, since the price on most is for the unit, not based on occupancy.

If the beach directly in front of your condo isn't perfect, it's no big deal. Just take a short stroll.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Steve

Sorry you are correct - Treasure Island(no coffee yet - grin).

Have fun!

Steve

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Jeff

I just came back from the Grand Caymanian Resort (5 star) in Grand Cayman and love it! Some amenities are Kitchen, Washer/Dryer, Pool, Beach, Dock, Dive Shop, Restaurant, Free Shuttle, plus more… I actually am willing to talk to you regarding this resort and can offer availability at a discounted rate. Please call Jeff 570-374-3482