Reload this Page >

Apple Vacations Dependable?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 11:08 AM
Mike

I'm planning a trip to Punta Cana. Apple Vacations seems to offer the best package to get to the resort we want to try. <BR> <BR>Does anyone know how dependable the Apple Vacations packages/flights are? The flight we would take would be based out of Cincinnati (if that makes any differnce). I know charters can be less dependable...

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 12:41 PM
Noriko

I prefer to use Apple Vacation Packages. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. They meet you at the airport and make sure that you are fully satisfied with your stay. If not they change your accomodations. They do offer the best package for your money. Sometimes the filghts are delayed but what airline doesn't.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Cheri

Apple has been around a long time and have provided packages for millions. The only thing I have against their charters is (from Pittsburgh) they leave late in the day so it's night when you get where you're going. There is ONE vacation day shot. When they return, they came back early in the morning. There is day number TWO shot. They specifically advertise early departures, late returns but they sure didn't do that here. However, it was a non-stop flight which was nice. You also can't beat their prices.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 01:30 PM
Wallace

Hi - <BR>We have used Apple for our trips to Mexico (6 - all different destinations) and we have been very happy. They do meet you at the airport and get you to your hotel, they also arrange return travel to the airport. In some of the hotels, Apple representatives have tables and a schedule posted of when a rep will be there. They can make activity reservations for you (tours, excursions, etc) and we have always appreciated their recommendations for restaurants. Enjoy your trip. <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 01:06 PM
Cassie

I would repeat what the others have said. I have used Apple extensively out of Chicago, to Jamaica and to Mexico. Charters can be a hassle, but for me they offer a nonstop option from Chicago that I otherwise couldn't get (the commercial flights often stop in Florida before going on to Jamaica). They are VERY reliable and better priced than anything you can do on your own. I probably have booked 8-10 trips with them in the last 7 years. <BR> If you can get to Chicago, you may have both charter and commercial flight options (generally American Airlines). The commercial option is a little bit more expensive, but still cheaper than booking on your own, and you are on a standard scheduled flight. Go with Apple and don't worry.

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 09:11 AM
Surfer

Check out two of today's (06/11/99)letters to the editor at www.frommers.com