Search

Peter Island

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 1999, 11:02 AM
Victoria

Peter Island

I am looking for a super romantic and great restful vacation. What is Peter Island like?

Old May 14th, 1999, 11:22 AM
Sara Cushman

I've never been to Peter Island, but it sounds great! Go to www.scubamom.com for a detailed review of Peter Island, and some other great sounding options in the Carribean.

Old May 14th, 1999, 05:28 PM
Karen

Peter Island is indeed lovely and secluded. Scubamom just returned and am anxiously awaiting her most recent trip report ... they have done some renovations during the closing from Georges and just reopened April 1. Also they have changed the dinner menu ... and it needed it! Be sure to "upgrade" to Beachfront ... the rooms are wonderful on Deadman's Bay and can be opened on three sides. Best thing is going to White Bay ... you can hike over ... or they will drive you in one of the buggies ... and deliver your lunch to you! Dive BVI on site. You have been to the site, no? You can access it thru Scubamom's web site, Scubamom.com. Check out Biras as well ... another excellent choice!

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 04:56 PM
Ann

Victoria, <BR>I've read scubamom's page which is fairly positive, but I have met couples twice in the BVI that have told me that since Amway bought Peter Island, guests that were not Amway conventioneers receive second rate treatment. <BR>Understand that I haven't been there myself. For romantic and restful, while still being very upscale, I would recommend Biras Creek (best food in the Caribbean and most atmosphere) or Guana Island. I've been to Biras and can attest to the superb service, romance, and very, very restful ambiance. <BR>Whereever you go Victoria, have a great time. BVI is tops! <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 05:40 PM
Laurie

Hi Victoria, <BR>If you are looking for super romantic and restful, Peter Island is the place. My husband and I stayed there last July. The service is excellent. As soon as we arrived off the ferry we were introduced to the hotel staff and taken on a tour of the island. The best part is the seven beautiful beaches. The shuttle takes you there and most of them don't have a soul on them. We had a 1/4 mile beach to ourselves. You have to CB radio when you want to get back to the hotel. When you had enough rest, there is a ferry that will take you to Tortola, Virgin Gorda or St. Thomas for day trips. <BR>Laurie