Anyone stayed these St. John Villas?

May 12th, 2000, 06:18 AM
chris

Anyone stayed these St. John Villas?

So I have found a few villas to stay in this fall, but they all look nice: Bougainvillea, Cruz Views, St. John Passion (I think near Reef Bay), Tree Top (near the center), or Serendip. There will be 2 couples going, we don't need a/c that time of year, could live without a pool because we will be at the beach most of the time, and we will be renting a Jeep. Has anyone stayed in any of these?

May 12th, 2000, 12:16 PM
marg

Chris - Bougainvillea is within walking distance of town & has two units. Cruz Views are condos on the outskirts of town. The units are small & nice for just two people but tight for 4. St. John Passion is an older house with fabulous views overlooking Rendezvous Bay. Treetop is on Bordeaux Mountain, remote w/rough unpaved road.

May 15th, 2000, 10:54 AM
chris

How remote is Bordeaux Mountain where Tree Top is located? We will have a Jeep, but don't want to waste too much time driving around when we could be at the beach.
Bougainvillea is a bit more for the ocean view so that one is out.
I'm not sure about Cruz Views. It seems too cheap.
How long of a drive is St. John Passion from town? It looks nice, but no pool.
Coconut Coast is also another consideration. It's on the water and close to town.

May 15th, 2000, 06:01 PM
ezron

Tree Top is a good 20 minutes from Cruz Bay and then add 10 minutes to get to the North beaches(Trunk,Hawksnest,Cinnamon,Maho,etc.)So if you are beach people its probably a little far. However,definately take a ride up there for lunch. The view is outstanding !!!!!

May 16th, 2000, 08:23 AM
tc

We have stayed at the Serendip. If you and your freinds are going to share a condo, be ready to share everything. There is only one "real berdroom". The other is a living area which can be separated by a curtain. The unit "Hibiscus" does have a couch that pulls out to a bed. The others have 2 day beds as "couches". There is only one small bathroom. Sorry, but I don't know much about the other villas.

May 16th, 2000, 09:44 AM
marg

Chris - Nothing wrong with Cruz Views, however 2nd bedroom is a loft reached by a ship ladder. St. John Passion is about10 minutes from ferry dock. Coconut Coast is close to town - beachfront but not swimmable.