Any Specials For Honeymooners?

Jan 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Any Specials For Honeymooners?

My wife and I are going to Punta Cana early next month (Feb 07), we are staying at the Iberostar Dominicana. I was wondering if anyone knows of any specials that are included with a honeymoon vacation, also should I mention at the front desk we are on our honeymoon? This is all really new to both my wife and I, so any information would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Did you purchase a "honeymoon package" from your travel agent? He/She should be able to tell you what if anything is included. Definitely tell the "front desk clerk" that you are on your honeymoon as soon as you get to the front desk. That would give the clerk the opportunity to upgrade you immediately. Once a room has been assigned it is more work for them to upgrade you and might not do it.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Although we did not honeymoon in PC, we advised the hotel we were honeymooning in that we were honeymooners. Not only did they upgrade our room, but they delivered a cold bottle of champagne to our room one evening! Definitely let the hotel know!
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken Iberostar Dominican is an All Inclusive Resort and that means everything (meals, drinks, activities, etc.) is included in your package so I don't know what you mean when you ask if any "specials are included in your honeymoon vacation". You can check the hotel's website to see what specifically is included in the package you purchased.

As for mentioning that you are on your honeymoon to the people at the front desk it certainly can't hurt but don't expect anything more than a polite "congratulations". This hotel is a popular destination for honeymooning couples so you can rest assured the people at the front desk hear the word "Honeymoon" or "Anniversary" from just about every couple who check into the resort.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM

For great info on the Dominicana, go to:
http://www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php