Any comments about Skyauction?

May 1st, 2002, 04:47 PM
martha

Any comments about Skyauction?

Has anyone had any experience with Skyauction.com?

May 1st, 2002, 06:09 PM
jesse

You will get much better deals elsewhere. Look at the taxes and other charges which are not included in your bid. They often are 195 and up. You will find this in the body of the auction.

May 2nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
Mariarosa

I have bought (on 2 separate occasions) plane tickets and a 3-night stay. I was pleased and would use them again. The plane tickets, they confirmed right away (within a day or two). The 3-night stay they took longer to confirm (over a week). Both trips went smoothly.

I agree with Jesse. I often see people bidding higher than what a consolidator plane ticket would cost or what the hotel would cost when AA or Liberty Travel puts them 'on sale.' So make sure that you calculate all the taxes and fees and understand the market (watch fares, etc., for at least a month).

May 2nd, 2002, 05:42 AM
lookit

Martha
Put skyauction in the search box above and you'll see a number of posts from people who have used the service and had good experiences.
You'll also see cautions like Mariarosa's. There are indeed service charges associated with each auction, but if you check, you'll see they are, by and large, the taxes and gratuities the resort/facility offering the auctioned item has to charge to cover local taxes and gratuities to it's own staff.
As is always the case with an auction --- don't get carried away. Do research, know what the cost would be if you booked directly, set in your mind a price over which you will not go, and then bid inteligently to bag yourself a bargain.

May 2nd, 2002, 06:58 AM
tina

We used skyauction to go to Aruba 3 weeks ago from Newark. Only paid $200 for each of us.It only took them one day to confirm our flights. Received tickets thru Fedex. There was a mistake in the spelling of my name so I sent it back to them and they sent me new tickets a week later. Would definitely use them again. I do a lot of research on the item that I want to bid on to make sure I won't overbid because I see a lot of people doing that.

Sep 21st, 2002, 12:42 PM
Anita

Hi, everyone! Can someone enlighten me on something regarding skyauction.com? If I were bidding for a trip for me and my husband, would I bid put 1 or 2 in the "how many?" I'm thinking I should be in 2, but will I end up with 2 rooms (or, 2 packages, whichever the case may be)? I'd appreciate any more information I can get. Much thanks!

Sep 21st, 2002, 10:19 PM
anon

Anita,
Your question is a good one. The answer is, unfortunately, it varies from auction to auction. What you need to do is read the information for the auction(s) you are interested in carefully and, if you have ANY questions, email the support group with the auction id and your question(s).

My experience has been that all questions are answered within 24 hours.