Reload this Page >

Antigua, St. Lucia, or Barbados for Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Tracey

I am torn between Sandals-Antigua, Sandals-Hycalon St. Lucia, Allegro Pineapple beach-St. Lucia and Almond Beach Club-Barbados for my honeymoon in the first week of June. As you can tell we want an all inclusive for our honeymoon. We don't want to spend an outrageous amount if it's not worth it. We also are looking for the following: <BR>-No kids!! <BR>-Good to Great Snorkeling, even right off the beach. <BR>-Romantic. <BR>-Good food, doesnt have to be 5 star. <BR>-Nice rooms, not dirty. <BR>-Preferrably a swim up bar. <BR>-No kids!!, did I mention that already?..well I mean it. <BR>These are some of the things we are looking for. If anyone has any experiences at any of the hotels above or if you have suggestions other than what we are currently looking at, please let me know. <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Ron & Maureen

Hi Tracey, <BR>We were looking in Fodors for info on Aruba, we will be leaving next week for (10) days. We saw your message @ though we are qualified to comment on sandals since we stayed @ everyone of there resorts. WE stayed at Sandals-Antigua in 1995 that was before the hurricane. We absolutely loved both Sandals & Antigua. We were so impressed with the resort that we sent our daughter & her husband there for there 5th wedding anniversary, we booked them in the oceanview honeymoon suite which are absolutely gorgeous. We stayed in a rondoval, which was a novelty but probably would not book it again. <BR>There is a lot to see in Antigua the beach is excellent and you can safely walk for miles. All the beaches in Antigua are public and some times the natives selling their wares can be annoying. We took a taxi tour to Shirley Heights, which over looks English Harbor & Nelson's Dockyard, great for pictures. We had one of our best snorkeling trips when the Sandals dive boat took us to "paradise reef" about a 15-20 min. boat ride. Food is excellent, staff professional, plenty to do, or just relax. <BR>Sandals-ST.Lucia-LaToc is more up-scale we though. My wife though the food at Sandals La-Toc was the best food and dining of all the Sandals. The beach was a little disappointing though as the red flag was up for 5 straight days (no swimming allowed) with the waves crashing onto the beach. We took the Sandals bus to Sandals-Halcyon, which has an excellent beach, which was never closed. Sandals -Halcyon is only a 15-min. ride from Sandals-La Toc is also very nice although when we were there it was about 50%occupied by European guests. Sort of a language barrier, but where ever you go you will surely meet more honeymooners to mingle with. <BR>Good Luck <BR>Ron & Maureen <BR>