Reload this Page >

Anse Chastenet vs. Ladera

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 09:57 AM
seth

I'm just looking for a little help on where to go for my honeymoon. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. Thanks

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Ashley

I'm no expert, and haven't been to either, but I researched the heck out of them, and Ladera has gotten consistent rave reviews, whereas Anse have been mixed. I was ready to book Ladera, but my husband wanted air conditioning so we're staying at Jalousie Hilton.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 05:20 AM
sally

Seth: <BR> <BR> We stayed at Anse Chastanet in December 00 for a week and loved the resort. We had a premium room with views of both the Pitons and the water. I too researched both resorts and chose Anse because it was on the beach. We did not want to have to deal with taking a bus to the beach or being on a schedule. <BR> <BR> We ate at Ladera 2x for dinner which was excellent and much better than the dinners at Anse. We also thought the view from our room was much better than the view of the Pitons at Ladera. However, I did not see actually see the rooms at Ladera. <BR> <BR> I thought that Ladera had a more sophisticated and exclusive feel too it but I liked Anse better. I thought the couples at Anse were younger and more active. We scuba and there are so many activities to choose from, including just hanging out on the beach all day. If you have any questions, just ask.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 07:22 AM
anne

Jalousie Hilton(not a typical hilton) very very nice, spa, 3 restaurants, nice beach, and beautiful pool. Much nicer than Ladera IMHO, and was told by others better than Anse Chastenet. We did enjoy Dasheen at Ladera, great restaurant.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 04:41 AM
kay

Hi Seth: <BR> <BR>I spent my honeymoon at Ladera last summer and thought it the most beautiful romatic intmate resort in the Caribbean. I thought the view was the best I had ever seen. I have pictures of Ladera on my web iste so if you wouuld like to see them e-mail me and I will give you the web address. I did see Anse Chastanet as we went over there for a day at their beach. I do go for a tour of their <BR>rooms and in my opinio they were not a beautiful and unique as the ones like mine at Ladera. I liked the beach much better at the Hilton too over Anse. <BR> <BR>Do go take a look at my pictures if you get the chance.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:27 PM
sheli

FYI, Anse Chastenet was just rated as one of the top 10 romantic resorts in the world by the Travel Channel. (They had a special this weekend) <BR> <BR>Never been there...but they did a nice piece on the place. <BR> <BR>Sheli

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:55 PM
lisa

If you do a search on this forum you will find lots of reports on both. We loved Ladera and were glad we chose it instead of Anse Chastanet, although we did spend the better part of 2 days on Anse Chastanet's beach. We thought the view from Ladera was much better and liked the intimate size of Ladera. The snorkeling at Anse Chastanet was very good. However, we felt that we got the best of both worlds by staying at Ladera and enjoying Anse Chastanet's beach when we wanted to (we liked Jalousie Hilton's beach even better, but the snorkeling there is not as good). We also felt like Ladera got better breezes than Anse Chastanet because of its higher elevation. Every aspect of Ladera was remarkable.

Old May 1st, 2001, 12:20 PM
Sandra

I honeymooned last july at Anse Chastanet and both my husband and I loved it. He was worried about the air conditioning but it ended up not being an issue, we got a nice breeze all night. We did not go to Ladera at all so I can't compare the two but we spoke to a couple that went to Jalousie Hilton for dinner and they did not like the place. They said it was beautiful but the staff was rude to them and they felt it was a little stuffy. Just to pass that info along. The staffat Anse Chastanet was fabulous, helpful, courteous just great. We were always on the go, I signed us up for something everyday and we loved everything. If you get a chance try the Jungle Biking at Anse Chastanet it was fun and we're not mountain bikers but we enjoyed it. We signed up for a half day of biking I think it was 4 hours and it was a workout but a fun one. <BR> <BR>If you want any more info feel free to e-mail me and I'll help if I can.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:49 PM
Beth

I honeymooned last summer (seems like we all did!) at Jalousie. It's only been a Hilton for a few years - it was a former plantation and boy is it gorgeous. <BR> <BR>I cannot fathom how someone could think the staff there was rude and stuffy. They were the most friendly people you could imagine. We had a wonderful time there. <BR> <BR>We chose it for some of the creature comforts my husband can't do without... TV, A/C... I didn't fight that one personally, because I read plenty about bugs and lizards and birds coming into your room at some of the other "open air" resorts... That's not my cup of tea... <BR> <BR>Beach is gorgeous at the Jalousie Hilton and there is tons to do. My husband didn't think he was the spa-type, but he really got into those massages and we were SO relaxed. <BR> <BR>We had dinner one night at Ladera (Dasheene) too and it was great - nice view. We met couples staying at both Ladera and Anse - and heard good things about all of them. I think you can't go wrong as long as you stay in one of these 3 -- the northern part of the Island does not compare. <BR> <BR>It will ultimately come down to what is important to you - what do you want from a vacation. Everyone has their own "thing". <BR> <BR>If you have any specific questions, just holler. You'll find tons of info on this forum on all of these resorts. <BR> <BR>Good luck and congrats!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 04:47 AM
Cara

We're heading off to Anse Chastenet in just 2 days! I actually never heard of Ladera until I visited this site after we booked our trip. From the different travel companies offered to us (in Canada)I was picking between Sandals and Anse Chastenet. I chose Anse Chastenet because of the location as we love snorkeling. <BR> <BR>Seems like with Ladera vs Anse Chastenet its a decision more about convenience since they are so close. Feel free to email me any questions in a week! Good luck!

Old May 10th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Alex

Seth, Just returned from my honeymoon at Ladera (first 3 days) and Le Sport (next 6 days). Wanted total relaxation the first 3 days with more activity the last six days. Ladera was definitely the most breathtaking place I have ever been. While the pictures on-line look amazing, they do not serve justice to the actual view. The resort way exceeded my expectations. The breakfasts were delicious and the dinners were outstanding. We went snorkeling at Anse Chastenet the first day (very nice reef) via a short taxi to Soufriere and water taxi to the beach (compliments of Ladera). The second day we took a combo Sulpher Spring/Botanical Gardens/Volcano tour. We recommend both. We both agreed that Ladera was definitely the most romantic place either one of us had ever been. It was difficult to even leave the room. We can't wait to return. Please e-mail me if you have any questions. Alex