Search

Another Sandals Lover!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Brad

Another Sandals Lover!

We just returned from Sandals MB, and Loved it. It was the best vacation we have ever had. Super staff and great food and wonderful entertainment. I guess you can call use Sandals lovers now.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:16 AM
A.Non

No, I guess we can call you easily satisfied.<BR>Seriously though, I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed your trip.<BR>But I'm afraid we will now have a new Sandals thread to scrap over.<BR>btw, what kind of entertainment did they have that you enjoyed so much? <BR>(Just curious.)

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Brad

One of the purposes of this board is to help travellers research their own vacations.<BR>If people can match up their tastes with theright destinations, everything clicks and life is good.<BR>The trick is with the matching up process.<BR>My conclusion is that Sandals appeals most to a few specific groups of people: 1) those who haven't travelled widely, 2) people who value convenience over luxury, 3) people who don't really care much about luxury (doesn't make their trips that much better).<BR>That's not in any way a criticism of people who love Sandals.<BR>To me it's the same argument with Atlantis and Disney World. For some people's tastes, those are perfect vacation spots. For others, they're the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.<BR>Everyone's different.<BR>The key is to know what you like and focus on the corresponding types of destinations.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Curious

Brad, I'm wondering too, what kind of wonderful entertainment did they have? I was there in May and was quite dissapointed. Have they changed their entertainment agenda since then?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Carol

Brad,<BR>I'm happy you enjoyed your vacation and found it to be the best ever. Every year I've had hundreds of vacationers tell me that they have travelled widely and still find Sandals to be the best vacation and Home away from Home.<BR>It is true that to each his own....but special is somewhere you wish to visit over and over, because of a lot more than jsut a beach and availability of food to eat!!<BR><BR>Easily Satisfied is going to a hotel with a beach that you can lay out on, somewhere to buy drinks when you thirst and food is provided.....<BR>Sandals provides way more than that...it provides an experience...a dream vacation for some, for others, a home away from home. Mind you, for some people, a vacation may mean no one speaks to you unless spoken to, waiters stand to attention beside your table for you to snap your fingers and and you thrive in a much more stuffy elite atmosphere...to each his own.....

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Beauford T. Justice

There was a beer drinking contest (canned not bottled). On Tuesday and Thursday night they had a one man band, he was great he was able to play the cymbals between his butt cheeks! On Monday and Wednesday they had a one armed violinist. There were games such as pin the tail on the pigmey for cash and valuable prizes. The food and drinks were great, funny though when on vacation you cann have drink ag=fter drink and not even catch a buzz. They must use smooth liquor! Friday night was bar b que night which we loved, grill your own rat on a stick - and you can eat all you want. I had five or six plates, since it does not really matter, you can eat half the food throw the rest away and go back for more! I will definately return to Sandals, where else can you eat and drink till you puke, wait a few minutes and go back for more. My kinda place

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:18 AM
A.Non

Ohhhhh Carol. I can almost hear HOT HOT HOT playing on my computer speakers and see the incredibly misleading ads showing deserted beaches and smiling white couples going scuba diving in matching wet suits.<BR>It IS paradise for those who have not been around and are happy to scrape up the bottom of the Caribbean barrel Sandals has to offer. The good news is that it keeps people like Sandals Lover and their ilk away from the places I like. Home away from home. Aw gee whiz.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:26 AM
CaribJoe

Beauford. I usually ignore obviously fake posts and think they are kind of silly. But yours wins kudos and points for its extreme inventiveness, use of actual Sandals selling points and the ability to make me LAUGH MY A** OFF!<BR>The other people in my building are coming by my office to see what is wrong with me. You deserve some kind of fodors award for that one. The butt cymbal guy was the kicker.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:37 AM
anon

Instead of whining about Sandals on a messageboard,i would of thought that it may actually be more constructive to bitch at Butch Stewart,then they could address your complaints.i was at Sandals Negril for a long weekend trip and had no complaints,apart from the psycho rasta woman cab driver that brought us from Mobay airport.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Ugotta

Come off of it Brad, WONDERFUL entertainment?! I guess thats the mentality of a "Sandals lover". I was there; the first night was pirates night; 1 couple showed up, second night was toga party; FIVE couples and 1 guy? came but they were shamed and embarrased with some stupid chant they had to do (except for the 1 guy); third night was a couple of Holiday Inn lounge singers; fourth night was disco night and NOBODY came except the playmakers who did their best to make if LOOK like it was the place to be; and the next night was some stupid newlywed type game with even dumber questions than the tv show; and the last night was... hell I don't even remember because I managed to get drunk on 13 can beers and got lost in something. WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT???!!! Give me a damn break

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Beauford T. Justice

That was not Pirates night- it was a beauty contest,just a couple of fat chicks in thongs. Those darn things are getting so small they look like eye patches. How many beers did you have???<BR><BR>Ahoy Matey!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Ugotta

Sheriff whu happened to them die hard Sandals fans? Ran off with their tails 'tween their legs? Or you think we exposed 'em for actually liking that schlock!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Beauford T. Justice

Dunno, Maybe they're on the cruise forum telling everyone just how great the Carnival Cruises are! You know the entertainment is so much better on them there "floatin' holidays"!!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:39 PM
ilike it too

No, we're just getting sick of being told we must not be "seasoned", blah blah, we're not as good as you, blah blah, because we like something different than you. We've got better things to do than be talked down to by snobs.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Beauford T. Justice

Boo hoo hoo,<BR><BR>The Jokes on You<BR><BR>Becasue you pay<BR><BR>as much as we do!<BR><BR><BR>That does not make us snobs<BR><BR>It only makes you slobs<BR><BR>Because you like your drinks watered down-<BR><BR>Maybe that's the reason you frown<BR><BR>Because you like your mac n cheese<BR><BR>Oh no - none for me please!<BR><BR>So please don't hang your head in shame<BR><BR>It's your tiny ego that's to blame.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:40 PM
abc

Beauford my friend you need to get a life.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:03 PM
ilikeit

We're not hanging our head in shame, and personally, I'd rather have a small ego than one the size of Texas like y'alls. Now, let me go enjoy my watered down drink and Olive Garden dinner, thanks....