Anniversary in Bahamas

Sep 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Anniversary in Bahamas

Can anyone suggest a hotel (besides Four Seasons) in Exuma? Palm Beach Bay Club or
Peace & Plenty Inn (Outside Georgetown). We're looking for something special for 10th
Anniversary. Hope someone can help with decision. Thanx
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM

Are they fully booked when you are trying to go?
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

No, both P & P and Palm Beach have
availability. Four Seasons has a 10 day minimum. Have you been to Exuma?
Sep 11th, 2005, 06:47 AM

Have you checked out villa rentals? It makes for a much nicer trip, for not much more than a hotel.
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

We did check out villas within walking
distance to Georgetown but they are booked. Leaning toward Peace & Plenty
only because what we have read that there is a restaurant. But also heard
the beach there is small.
Sep 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM

I've stayed at Fours Seasons and PPBeach Inn, ate at Club PP (the one in Georgetown) and ate and been through Palm Beach Bay Club. I LOVE the Exumas. FS is about 40 minutes from the others, kind of all by itself. It's a beautiful resort, but I liked PP better, got to meet the locals, had access to gorgeous beaches, etc. The beach at PP outside of Georgetown is not really worth mentioning, but I was comfortable in the rooms, BUT we spent most of the time going to PP in town, they have a better restaurant, and is the hub of town. They also have a water taxi twice daily to Stocking Island (Stunning!) with it's own beach bar with hamburgers and hot dogs. You can also walk to a small supermarket, 2 small gift shops, and to a dock for a water taxi to Stocking Island for the Sunday pig roast. (different part of Stocking Island) You can also walk to rent a car, pack a picnic, and have lunch at Tropic of Cancer Beach, it's spectacular! There is no beach in front of PP in town, but I think what it offers outways this. You can also walk to Starfish Excursions, and take a 1/2 day trip to some of the cays, where each beach is more stunning than the last. (Don't miss Moriah Cay)
While FS is spectacular, it's far enough that you might miss Stocking Island or a trip through the cays, or Tropic of Cancer. That would be a shame!!!
Sep 12th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your info, can't wait to see everything. Palm Beach has a cottage beachside, not dirctly on the beach. And, P&P Inn has a king
deluxe. Just can't make the decision which would be better for us. Is P & P
Beach Inn located right on the beach?
I also like the idea that P & P has a meal plan (B & D) and you are able to go to there other properties if you wish. Have a great day!! What were the rooms like at P & P Inn?

Search this Thread