Anguilla - Any Info?

Feb 19th, 1997, 09:13 PM
Sue

Anguilla - Any Info?

We did not go to the Fountain, however we spent our honeymoon on Anguilla at Coccoloba. Anguilla is one , if not THE most beautiful island we have ever been to. If you looking for peace and quiet this is the place to be. Extremely friendly residents, and fabulous restaurants at all of the hotels made it really special! Have fun.

Feb 20th, 1997, 02:14 PM
jryan

I think the Fountain Beach Hotel is a former condo unit. If I am right, you chose well. Shoal Bay is without a doubt one of the most beautiful spots in the entire Caribbean! There is another Shoal Bay that faces St. Martin, and that is crummy. Do take a tour of the island and have a Coke or something at the Malliouhana (it is worth a visit), and also go to Cap Juluca which has another breath-taking beach. The nice part about Anguilla is that you can take a ferry to St. Martin (with one of the D's)--these men are all related and run taxis on Anguilla as well.
The people are friendly--you will be spoiled for other Caribbean Islands! Oh, my husband got terribly sunburned, and he was sitting under an umbrella on the beach! I will be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Lucky you!

Feb 22nd, 1997, 10:51 AM
Donna

We stayed at Fountain Beach in early February. It is located at the far end of Shoal Bay East, a beautiful beach. The water directly in front of the hotel is lined with coral but you can enter just a short walk up the beach. The snorkeling was not very good while we were there. The beach is much busier up near Uncle Ernie's and Shoal Bay Villas. The hotel is very quiet and laid back. There are no tv's, phones or radios. The only sound that you will hear is that of the waves crashing. We thought that it would have been nice to have had a radio. You can use the phone in the office. It was very breezy while we were there which kept it pleasantly comfortable. The pool is small and seldom used but I found it to be refreshing. The restaurant was not very busy while we were there and we only had breakfast there once so I can't offer much help in that regard. We enjoyed Zara's restaurant at the Alamanda Hotel which is not far from Fountain Beach. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Uncle Ernie's was a fun place to have BBQ chicken and ribs. We had a nice lunch(a bit more pricey) at Le Beach which is not far from Uncle Ernie's.
The people of Anguilla are wonderful. I'm sure that you will have a most enjoyable and relaxing vacation.

Feb 26th, 1997, 02:53 PM
Sharon Scanlan

Thanks you so much for replying to my message.It sounds wonderful and we can't wait to go. Just one more thing, did you rent a car while you you were there and if so could you give me a rough idea of the cost. Is it a good idea to rent a car? Thanks again, Sharon

Mar 6th, 1997, 07:42 AM
Donna

You will definitely want to rent a car during your stay. Fountain Beach is down a very bumpy dirt road . I think that it costs us about $240 for the week to rent our car.

Search this Thread