Reload this Page >

Spanish Bay Reef, Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 1996, 01:42 PM
Oliver

Spanish Bay is Grand Cayman's only all-inclusive resort and is by far the most secluded (do your teenagers want seclusion?) property along the west shore. Pale pink two-story stucco units are surrounded by flowering trees and bushes on their own small snady beach. An outdoor dining-bar area around the pool and overlooking the ocean includes tables under a semicircular white-latticed arcade. Simple but comfortable guest units, with bright Caribbean print bedspreads and curtains, are connected by boardwalks. The resort is on the northwest tip of the island, several miles past Seven Mile Beach in West Bay. I personally would look elsewhere since there may not be enough for your teenagers to do at Spanish Bay. A better choice would be the Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman, across the street from happening Seven Mile Beach, with its posh rooms and activities galore. Of course, the rates are steep! The Hyatt can be reached at 809/949-1234. Have a grand trip!

Old Dec 16th, 1996, 03:42 PM
Lisa Holman

I agree w/ the Fodor editor. If you have two teenagers, you will want to stay somewhere on Seven Mile Beach. I LOVE GRAND CAYMAN! I think it is heaven on earth. The Hyatt is the place to stay in the heart of 7 mile, quite posh and expensive, though. The Radisson is not bad and is a little more affordable. It's got a nice terrace for dining out next to the beach. When I go, I prefer seclusion (perhaps your husband & you would like to make a second honeymoon out of it?). I stay at Morritt's Tortuga Club on the East end of the island. It's about a 25 min. drive from seven-mile beach, but nice if you want to get away from the tourists. Take the boat out to Sting Ray city. Your teenagers will get a kick out of feeding the sting ray's from their hand and swimming with them. Enjoy!

Old Jan 1st, 1997, 09:39 PM
Ted Whittenkraus

Grand Cayman is the greatest and I agree - you do want to be on the Seven Mile Beach. And don't miss Sting Ray City. If you can get on a trip there with Captain Marvin you'll be in for a real treat.

There area MANY condos in the heart of the main beach and you can get a listing of them from the Cayman Island Chamber of Commerce. We stayed at a nice place there - right on the beach with 2BR villas called "The Caribbean Club". We could walk down to The Holiday Inn which seemed to have a lot going on in the evening. Have a great vacation!

Old Jan 26th, 1997, 06:12 AM
Keith Cowell

Dear Ted: Our family is visiting Stingray City in March(cruise ship). How do I contact Captain Marvin for the trip out? Are there other contacts you would recommend? We require passage from the dock in Georgetown. Any dollar figures available(U.S.$)? Thanks! K.

Old Mar 8th, 1997, 12:50 PM
Jennifer

We went to Caymans in January 97. Loved it. We stayed at Grandview Condo. I would recommend staying somewhere with kitchen facilities as it is very expensive to eat out for every meal. The Grandview is rather expensive but it is well worth it. There is no bar or restaurant there but is one next door at the Treasure Island Resort. They have condos there as well but the facilities are a little run down. If you want any other information l would be more than happy to give it to you. Have fun.