Search

Anegada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anegada

I'm looking for info on getting to Anegada from Tortola, next week for a day trip. Also, once on the island, how does one get around?

Thx

Gary
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 01:10 PM

The only way to Anegada right now (other than a private boat) is the ferry that leaves from Road Town - it goes on Mon, Wed, Fri, and leaves at 7:30 am and at 3:30 pm. Costs about $50 and I think it takes about an hour. Once on island, you can walk, but a lot of the beaches are quite spread out. You can arrange for a rental car, or rent a bicycle at the Settlement. A few taxis are also available and you can arrange for them to come back to get you at a set time, if you want to go to one of the 'farther away' beaches.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:57 AM

I believe seasweetie is correct regarding traveling to Anegada.

A few months back while I was waiting for my Cape Air flight in San Juan with a resident of Anegada, he explained because of paperwork problems none of the air charter companies were permitted to fly into Anegada any longer. He thought it would only be temporary, and I can tell you the websites of some of the charter companies still advertise the day trip to Anegada.

In 2004 I took it and thought it was great. The cost was @125.00, in addition to the 10-minute flight, the trip included round trip taxi to and from Loblolly Bay (which has terrific snorkeling), and a Lobster lunch. Try these websites to verify if they're flying there again: fly-bvi.com or islandbirds.com.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM

I recently contacted Fly BVI about doing this trip in December. They wrote back to me with the details and said that it was available. We are hoping to do this trip in December, but still haven't decided for sure. Good luck!
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

I finally got to Anegada and all I can say is WOW! Beautiful water and the snorkeling is wonderful.

I ended up taking the ferry over for $50.00 US. Than took a cab to Loblolly Bay and the driver than drove us around the island to other coves.

Will definately head back next year for longer than a day trip!
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Bump for mahobaygal