Search

Americans welcome?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Americans welcome?

Has any one flown to Couracao lately? How about Aruba? Are they welcoming Americans? I wonder about the attitude of Europeans on the Islands? Any imput is appreciated.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 04:36 AM
caribtraveler

Haven't done Curacao yet.<BR>But Aruba is so full of American tourists that I can't imagine you having any problems there.<BR>We enjoyed it very much.<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 04:00 AM
Caribgirl

Don't worry...most of the Caribbean depends on tourism as it's major source of revenue, all visitors are welcomed. Especially since businesses have been feeling the pinch this year. <BR><BR>Like travelling anywhere, it's best to keep your personal political opinions to yourself. To tell you the truth, most Caribbean people don't mind an intelligent conversation about politics or whatever, it's the &quot;ugly loud drunk rich tourist&quot; that offends the most. That type ruin it for all of us.

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the imput....we don't fall into the UGLY, LOUD DRUNK TOURIST catagory, so we should enjoy our week of sun and snokleling............have you been to Couracao?
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Caribgirl

Hi PennyJ,<BR>No I haven't been to Curacao...one of these days! By the way, I didn't mean to infer you were an obnoxious tourist Hope you have a great time. When you return write a trip report for the rest of us to learn more.