allegro resorts

Aug 16th, 2002, 09:40 AM
kathy

allegro resorts

Interested in allegro resorts in playacar, mexico, pineapple beach in antiqua and allegro resorts in turks & caicos. Traveling with 2 teenagers, looking for good beaches, restaurants, activities. Also all-inclusives would be great. Thanks for any input.

Aug 16th, 2002, 09:53 AM
marisol

Why Allegro in particular? They are inconsistent in quality and there are often better all-inclusives for the same or lower price. Pick a destination and you might get more responses. Antiqua would probably be boring to two teenagers. I haven't been lucky enough to go to Turks and Caicos. Playacar would be a great choice, nice beach, a variety of day trips and lots of all-inclusives. However, there are much better ones than the Allegro there. Best family ones that are usually in the same price range would probably be the Iberostar or the Gala Resort.

Aug 16th, 2002, 11:58 AM
xxx

Look at the message entitled "My Turks and Caicos trip report is finally done", it talks about a trip report for Allegro T&C. I think you have to e-mail the person to get a copy.

Aug 16th, 2002, 12:00 PM
eileen

Beaches Resort in the Turks is awesome!
High marks!

Aug 16th, 2002, 12:07 PM
carol

I would have to say that Beaches--turks and caicos is awesome! it was wonderful for my three teen age daughters--great friends were made and great time were had by all!!

Aug 16th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Anon

I stayed at Allegro Pineapple beach in Antigua last month. I had a great time! I don't think the teenagers will get bored. This resort has a good beach with volleyball nets & hammocks. It has 2 pools (one geared toward kids), tennis courts & small workout room. It also has a place to checkout games (monopoly etc). The food was good, but no shorts permitted for dinner. It is all-inclusive. I won my deal on Skyauction. It wasn't too busy, maybe down to 200 guests because of 9/11. Met some guests who were return visitors. Saw some guests with kids (all ages) who did not seem bored. Be sure to go on an island tour.
hope this helps