Search

allegro

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:58 PM
denis

allegro

I see shorts are ok at Beaches in the evening. What about the allegro?

Old May 7th, 2002, 03:54 PM
anon

What Allegro?

Old May 7th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Lynn

shorts are fine, it's a very casual resort. Are you staying there? It's really not that great.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Linda

Message: shorts are fine, it's a very casual resort. Are you staying there? It's really not that great.<BR>********************************<BR>Hi Lynn - in your opinion, what makes the Allegro "not that great"? We are booked to stay there the last week of June and I've read many positive trip reports peppered with a few negatives. I'm not expecting 5*, but I'm not expecting a total dump either. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!<BR>

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Denis

For the benefit of ANON - Allegro Resort TCI which is where this question is!<BR><BR>Lynn, please clarify your comment. I have been reading many sites over the months since I booked this tour and have read reports both good and bad. Is this really fair?<BR><BR>Most complaints seen to be about it not being a 5* resort, well when I booked it I was aware of that but one thing it doesn't appear to have is the hundreds on unruly kids running around that Beaches has, and charges twice the price for it! Yet for some reason Beaches is raved about on this site and others, and that ain't 5* either.<BR><BR>I want peace, quiet and the ability to look over some of the best beaches in the world.....I wouldn't get that at Beaches or Club Med and there is a limit to what you can get AI- and I wanted AI.<BR><BR>Your views ?<BR><BR>

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Kris

denis, I'm looking at the full Caribbean board, as I assume anon was too - so the question about which allegro this was was legit. It seems many people post on a specific island and don't realize it shows up in the general thread. That said I appreciate the views expressed.

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:34 AM
anon

Thank you...now that we have established where the guy is going, I can comment. I stayed there for 2 weeks last year and there was nothing wrong with the place. I wasn't wild about the number of people that stayed there and the bar service sucked and one bartender was terribly rude, but the room was clean, the rest of the staff was nice, the food was edible and there was an excellent variety of it. The beach was outstanding and, as usual, Dive Provo was most helpful.<BR><BR>The only thing I really hated, and I understand that part of this problem has been taken care of...there was very little shade and you had to get up at 6AM and put your stuff on a chair by the pool. Sometimes the idiots took your stuff, and I hate saving chairs but if you didn't, you were screwed. This is the first place I have ever stayed in the Carib where this was necessary. I thought I was back at Myrtle Beach again....LOL<BR><BR>Don't listen to posters that chronically whine about certain properties. Go with the idea that it is a great place and you are going to have a wonderful trip.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:52 AM
denis

Thanks....can I apologise for my spat earlier, not necessary.<BR><BR>I will enjoy the Allegro but any other responses will be gratefully received