All inclusive suggestions please!

Old Feb 16th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All inclusive suggestions please!

We are wanting to travel the first week of April for 5-7 nights to an all inclusive that offers excursions as part of the all inclusive plan. We have been to Palace resorts in Mexico and loved it and are looking to try another place in the caribbean, preferable something within the range of 2200-2600 for two people including airfare from CLT. Adults only would be great, however I know it is usually more expensive. Any ideas or opinions on great AI's that would fall within our price range? If the resort doesn't include excursions (like a cruise/snorkel), then one that has snorkeling on site and works through outside excursion companies that are not terribly expensive. Suggestions appreciated!
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM

My wife, a physician signed on to do earthquake
relief in Haiti nrxt week, is experiencing difficulty
finding air flights there and back. She wishes to
depart from Boston the evening of Sunday, February 21,
and to return on February 28. Any advice?
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM
KVR

The only other AI beside the Palace Resorts in Mexico that I can think of that offers excurions in the base price is Couples in Jamaica. There are 4 resorts to choose from. They are an adult only resort. From our departure area, we couldn't get it for that price, but check the on-line booking companies.

All AI hotels will have a tour office on site in which to book excursions or tours. You will find an abundance of AI hotels in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Also check Aruba. There are a few AI hotels, but your budget might be a little to low.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks KVR! I was looking at Couples San Souci or Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios. Couples Negril and Swept Away are both not available. They seem like very nice resorts, and I have nver been to Jamaica. You are right though, I would need to adjust my budget or stay less time. 5 nights is what we have our heart set on. I was looking at Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana or possible the Pardisus Riviera Maya ...Have you stayed in many AI resorts in Mexico or DR?
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM
KVR

I have been to the DR once a very long time agao. I didn't like it enough to return. However, there are many AI resorts in reasonalbe price points to choose from. I have researched the Majestic Elegance and if we ever did return there I would probably choose it due to amenties.

We've been to Mexico 9 times. We usually stay in low budget AI's, but if we did upgrade the following are good choices; Secrets Capri, Secrets Maroma, Excellance Rivera Cancun, El Dorado Maroma, Iberostar Grande Paraiso, Valentine Imperial Maya, or Zoetry. We have stayed at the Royal Playa del Carmen and loved it. Within walking distance to 5th Avenue, no reservations for any of the ala cart resturants, and the food/drinks were very good. It's also less espensive than the others I've listed, but still has very good amenties.

We've been to Negril once and liked the look of Couples Negril. If you can swing it, the highest catagory room has a really neat bath. Since you indicated it was not available for your dates, my second choice would be Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios. But look at Sunset at the Palms in Negril. It is across the street from the beach, but we didn't think it was any big deal. Cute treehouse rooms on stilts and quite. It will probably be much less than any of the Couples. However, I think you'll get more for your money in the Mayan Rivera of Mexico, and if you like doing activities and tours off proeprty there is way more to chose from in Mexico.