Search

All-inclusive help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Steve

All-inclusive help

Honeymoon in Sept in Jamaica.Where to stay?How is Renaissance Jamaica Resort and Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort?Any other suggestions that are moderately priced?

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 04:32 AM
Dolli

Hi Steve, <BR>My husband and I stayed at the Jamaica Grande in Nov. It was a great buy. The resort is very large and has plenty to do. The only part I wasn't crazy about was the 2 hour ride from the airport. They drive like crazy people. We did enjoy seeing the sights as they flew by. I'm told Negril is very nice too. Just let me know if I can answer any specific questions. My daughter honeymooned at the Dunns River Sandals last year, but quite honestly was not impressed. We got a good price though Apple so we decided to try the Jamaica Grande. We were not disappointed.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 06:22 AM
Kim

Negril is wonderful, the beach is the best 7 miles long you can walk forever. The sunset is awsome and very romantic. <BR>We stayed at Sandals Negriland it was the best vacation we have evr had. The staff the people you meet the food everything was perfect. We will be back there nx Feb. We are trying to hit all the Island that have Sandals so off to St. Lucia on Feb 25. We have also been to the Sandals in the Bahamas! email me if you wish.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:06 AM
Christine Bass

I stayed at the Renaissance Jamaica Resort in Ochos Rios this past June. For a moderately priced resort, I highly recommend it! The food is very good (not gourmet, but really good), drinks are plentiful, and the service was great. No 24 hour room service, but for the price you pay most people would not expect it. We felt a little pressure to tip, but it was never a major issue. The bus ride on the way back was really crowded and hot, but all in all, I would say go there!

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 12:00 PM
Sheli

Steve: <BR> <BR>We stayed at Breezes Runaway Bay resort. Apple also helped us with our vacation. Though it is 3 hrs from Montego Bay, it was a great holiday! <BR> <BR>Breezes has their own golf course if you are interested, they have tons of activities and a GREAT BEACH which is private...so you aren't bothers by anyone. We are planning a return trip next year we had such a great time. <BR> <BR>Sheli

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 12:19 PM
Judith

Cannot recommend Swept Away enough. It may cost a bit more, but is WELL worth it. Pampering personified. My husband and I were there a year ago, and I can't think of a more romantic place. (we've been to three islands, too, and this is by far the best.) Top notch everything--grounds, food, accommodation. There is waiter/waitress service on the beach, along with cold lavender scented towels given to you with tongs, if you're in the sun and you look like you need cooling off!! We ate at Feathers most nights, and on the second night they remembered what drink we had ordered the first night and it was at the table about 30 seconds after we sat down. And since everything is already paid for, who cares if you were going to order something different? Can't say enough. We felt like royalty.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 04:43 PM
Kimi

Stayed at the Renaissance Grande in May, 2000. This place is great for the price! Food & drinks were good & plentiful, Fantasy pool is great, service was excellent. We felt no pressure to tip. Rooms were nice & decent, but not luxurious, but if you stay in the honeymoon suite (I didn't) it may be all that. We were planning our return 3 days into our trip! Bus ride didn't bother us, countryside was beautiful! Any questions, feel free to email me, I can send you my trip report if you like.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 05:22 PM
k

Anybody stay at the Grand Lido San Souci? Would you recommend this resort for honeymooners & anniversary couples?