Reload this Page >

All Inclusive for Single 31 yr old

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Liz

Can anyone recommend a nice, fun place for a single 31 yr old female? I'm not going with the sole purpose of meeting someone, but I don't want to be around all families or couples.<BR>Thanks in advance!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:11 AM
tivertonhouse

Jake's/Treasure Beach, Jamaica. See islandoutpost.com or treasurebeach.net

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:32 AM
xxx

Hedonism.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:33 AM
amy

liz,<BR><BR>depending on what you're looking for, you might want to try one of the single club meds. it's not the height of luxury, but it's a relaxed, safe, fun place for a single female to be. <BR><BR>i've been a couple times on my own (i'm the same age as you) and had a great time. many of the other single females i met went for the same reasons i did (wanted to relax at the beach, no traveling companion due to last minute trip, needed safe environment). <BR><BR>the single clubs tend to be more sports-oriented so there's always something to do if you feel the need to be active. or you can just hang out on the beach. <BR><BR>no familes, unless the children are grown. very few couples. no one under 18 allowed. quite a few of my female friends have gone by themselves as well and have always come back with a good experience. <BR><BR>don't expect too much in the way of accomodations or food, i'd rate it a 3 star type experience. i think the draw is that the resort gives you the choice of being by yourself and doing nothing, or really mingling and participating in the activities.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Martha

Allegro Hotel in Aruba would be good or a Windjammer cruise.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Sandy

Le Sport in St. Lucia has a great spa and activities.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:15 AM
Liz

Thanks fror your suggestions. <BR>Amy, do you have a specific Club Med you'd recommed? Also, have you ever heard of the Club med surprise, where you pay a lower price and only find out at the last second where you're going?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:59 AM
amy

liz,<BR><BR>i've been to both the cancun and turks and caicos clubs alone. i would recommend both - both offer different things. <BR><BR>cancun is a lot bigger with more people - i think there's a greater variety in guests. turks is a bit more intimate, a lot of guests from back east. <BR><BR>cancun has things to do off the village like trips to chichen itza, clubs, shopping, etc, whereas turks doesn't have much in the way of offsite activities, unless it's watersports and boat trips. but the one thing that i really loved about turks and caicos was the beach and the water - absolute heaven. <BR><BR>there's a website you can look at that's got pretty accurate descriptions of the two villages. after i got back from each, i read them and they were right on point. www.blackpearls.net. it's written by this guy who is a regular, repeat customer.<BR><BR>i don't personally know anyone who's done the &quot;surprise&quot; (i think they used to call it a &quot;wild card&quot, but i did ask someone i met who works for club med corporate about it. he said that they basically will put you into the club where they have vacancies on the charter and/or rooms. he emphasized that you should really research the clubs that they offer to make sure you'll be happy at any one of them. if you don't mind having one picked for you, it's a good deal.<BR><BR>i like club med, even though it's not for everyone. i enjoy traveling by myself, but oftentimes it can get a bit lonely. they seat you with other people at tables during meals and encourage participation in activities, but don't force it. i usually spend half of my vacation relaxing by the beach reading or scuba diving, and the other half getting to know new people and socializing. i've actually kept in touch with various people who i've met there over the years.<BR><BR>hope this helps.