Reload this Page >

All inclusive experience

Search

All inclusive experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:35 AM
susan

All inclusive experience

Hi, Looking for an all inclusive somewhere in the Caribbean for an April vacation. Have a 14 year old and a Dad who would like to have golf avvailable. would like your input. Thank you

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 06:16 AM
Penney

Casa De Campo is a wonderful resort on Dominican Republic. It is rather large with a great beach, golf, tennis, horse back riding, sailing - the whole thing. <BR> <BR>Half Moon in Jamaica, I do not beleive is all-inclusive but therre are several different meal packages and does have its own golf course. It is a wonderful resort. <BR> <BR>Puerto Rico also has some wonderful resorts with golf packages, but again, are not all-inclsuive. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 08:22 AM
freewoman

You might want to check out the Jack Tar Village in St. Kitts. I think they have gone back to accepting kids. They have their own golf course and the green fees are included in the all inclusive. I think you just have to rent a cart.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:07 PM
Monique

I would suggest Beaches Golf & Beach in Jamaica. It's a great company and a wonderful resort from what I have heard from Friends. Nice beach etc. Rooms are not lush but fine especially for a family vacation. The golf course is on site and the greens fees are included. All food and drinks are included. I have stayed at the Lido properties that are owned by Superclubs and had my socks knocked off. I would reccomend this one for you with a younger son though. Also it says age 16 but I can't imagine the front desk asking for proof of age.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 04:28 AM
mari

Re the above post, which I think is supposed to be referring to Breezes Golf & Beach (not Beaches) - actually they will check for age if it is questionable. These minimum age rules are for a reason. There are very, very few adults only resorts in the Caribbean compared to the vast number of places that accept children. People choose adult only resorts in order to have an adults only vacation. Please respect that. There are lots and lots of AI choices for families, for example on Jamaica there are Beaches Negril, Beaches Inn, FDR, FDR Pebbles, Jamaica Grande, Wyndham Rose Hall ...

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:45 AM
Monique

Yes woops I did mean Breezes Golf & Beach. <BR>Large nimber that accept kids in the carribean? Look I have kids and love the fact that there are adult only hotels. The last 2 vacations I took were both to all inclusives that didn't take kids. But there is not a huge choice that do accept kids. Trust me I have tried to find one that accepts kids and has rooms that will accept 2 adults three kids. Not easy. Only thing I could find is FDR, (pebbles doesn't), some of the Beaches brand and casa de campo. Not too many choices in my book. Maybe you know more. <BR>And will they check her sons age. I doubt it. I was at Grand Lido Braco last week and there was a family there with kids I swear weren't quite 16. Not a problem they were well behaved. <BR>She want's a resort with a golf course so I say give it a shot. <BR>The travel industry is a missing a huge oppurtunity I think by assuming that just because people have kids we all want a a Disney vacation. Also I wish I had none about 4 being the maximum occupancy in hotel rooms before I had my third child. Kinda lame to me. But my kids are still real small so I don't feel it is safe to get connecting rooms. What does the hotel industry think that we should do? Book Disney or stay home? Yuck!!! I think I will give FDR a try but I would prefer something more upscale.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:25 AM
anonymous

mari is absolutely correct. Those that do specify an age, and there are few, should be respected enuf to follow the guidelines. I would just love to be on vacation and see 5 people, no matter the size, squeezed into a hotel room! Sure would be comfy! Go to places that welcome you and leave at least a few of the resorts that are for those romantic interludes or whatever to the adults! There is loads of places out there that aren't Disney-like and many of them are very upscale and do offer a connecting room (with open doors between) for children. Unfortunately many of the upscale resorts are welcoming children now. I think that I want when I want it and I want and deserve it now and the h*** with everyone else and their wants is one of the problems with traveling today!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:10 AM
Monique

I do not have to hell with everyone else attitude!!! Give me a break. I am rolling my eyes aswe speak. I have 3,4 and 8 year old kids. 2 double beds is way more then enough room for us. The kids always want to climb in bed with us anyways. Can't imagine leaving 3 and 4 year olds in another room with outside entrances. If the place has a kids club I'm interested in taking my family. I am respectful of places that are adults only but if they have a kids club like I said what is one more tiny little kid in a room to them anyways? <BR>As far as a fourteen year old at Breezes Golf and Beach. The kid golfs. Seems like a mature kid to me. Very different then a screaming toddler.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:21 AM
traveler

Monique, if your only worry is about putting young children in a separate room, no one said you have to put them there. You said yourself you can all fit in two double beds, so just do it. If $$ isn't an object, get the other room but keep everyone by you. I don't think the hotel police are going to make sure everyone is in their correct beds each night.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:36 AM
Monique

I like your attitude. I have done that a few times inthe US but I am not sure that would really work at an all inclusive in the carribean though. I think we would get caught LOL. Just got off the phone with a resort and they said to get 2 rooms and have one adult in each room. I never thought to do it that way before. I guess I'm slow. Still seems like an odd way to do it in my opinion, since rates are based on double occupancy. So what they want me to pay single supplement in each room? Yes money is an object to me. I don't take just one vacation a year. I have been on 3 major vacations this year. 2 to Jamaica and one to Mexico. If I wanted to take onle one then money wouldn't be a factor but I like to take at least one trip a month and more little then big so an 8-10 thousand dollar vacation seems like a little bit high to me. If it were going to be my only one I would just pay that. I was quoted over 7 thousand for the concierge suite at Beaches Turks and Caicos without air from the west coast. No way!!! I laughed at them as I hung up. Guess we will just go to FDR. I love Jamaica and the price is right.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:46 AM
mari

We are getting WAY off the topic of Susan's original question here, but ... I don't care if the kid is mature or not (and by the way, just because a kid golfs does NOT necessarily mean they are mature). I am sure however that Susan's 14 year old is mature and well-behaved, etc. But that is not the point. If the resort is adults only it is adults only. If there is an age limit there is an age limit. People make their choices based on this. If I specifically choose an adults only resort, then I have done so because I want an adults only resort, not toddlers OR young teenagers. If I do not mind having children of any age around, I will choose a resort that permits children. It upsets me when people are encouraged to disregard and disrespect the rules on this. <BR> <BR>And, re the number of resorts accepting children ... we are talking about two different things. I said that there are many - and I do mean many - resorts that accept children. They far outnumber adults only resorts. You said that there are not many that accept 2 adults and 3 children in the same room. That may be problematic for your particular situation, but the fact remains that most resorts do accept children - whether there is a limit on the number of bodies per room is a different matter entirely and does not change the fact that children are permitted.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:56 AM
susan

Thank you all for some very interesting responses. My 14 year old is quite mature, a great golfer but as parents, we will only vacation where we are truly welcomed as guests! There are many resorts that will probably fit our needs, golfing, not too stodgy and not alot of lttle ones. I have done that route. Thank you all!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:56 AM
traveler

Monique, I agree with your point about not being able to have more than two kids and two adults in one room. I think it's just a way for the resorts to make even more money. Like nobody should have more than two children if you like to travel. Rediculous. <BR> <BR>And Mari, who the hell cares if we're getting off the subject. That's how most good debates and discussions start. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:39 AM
mari

Ummm ... traveller, where did I say that there was anything wrong with getting off the subject? I was simply recognizing the fact that we were doing so. Obviously I was actively participating in the off-the-original subject debate and discussion!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:49 AM
traveler

Mari, then why even bring it up if it doesn't bother you. Even an idiot could tell we went off the subject.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:16 AM
susan

thanks again for input.. did some checking on Casa de Campo and it looks interesting. any information or advice on this place. Golf and AI and kids are free 18 and under! thank you

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:31 AM
mari

Susan, have not been to Caso de Campo but acquaintances who have been there loved it and said it was quite upscale. Another place you might want to look into is Wyndham Rose Hall in Jamaica - again, haven't been there but my in-laws who are big golfers went a couple of years ago and loved the golf course there. The resort itself is not AI but they purchased an AI package (not sure if the AI package included golf or if it was extra). I hope you enjoy whatever you choose! <BR> <BR>And Traveler, I apologize for having somehow offended you. It was not my intention.