Search

Air Jamaica Loads

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Jamaica Loads

Hi everyone..I would like to visit Jamaica and I just won two passes on air jamaica but it's space available so timing is everything. Leaving from new york.. when would be the best time to travel on air jamaica when the flights are not that filled..

thanks.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Congrats on winning two free passes! In general terms, try flying midweek instead of on weekends for smaller crowds. Avoid major holiday weeks. For your own sake, you might want to consider traveling in low season for saving money on the accommodations, but I've not noticed a big difference in airline pricing for high season vs low season. Travel after April 15 and before June 1 for generally the best weather and the smallest crowds. It's the beginning of low season but it's before the "weddingmoon" season and school vacation in June.

FWIW, I was able to get two frequent flyer tickets to Jamaica on AJ's partner, Delta, last January with only a couple of months' notice. I traveled around the second week of the month and had very good luck finding seats with good schedules for my needs.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM

During the winter, there's heavy traffic from snowbirds. During the summer, the Jamaicans visit family. Your best bet is the fall, or early January after New Years. Try to travel on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday when the loads are typically lighter.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 10:46 PM

With AJ, you will also need confirm your flight day before and also day of departure -- both ways. A pain -- but necessary these days. First two weeks Jan, May, Sept, Nov, Dec will see lightest travel times.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM

My sister and I are planning a 4-day trip from December 19 to 22. We're considering AirJamaica because it is nonstop. This is a Monday departure and a Thursday return. What should we expect from AirJamaica?